Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Floral, Honey, Pear
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

Our Honey Pear begins with top-quality black tea. Then we add the sweet flavor of ripe fruit and rich, smooth honey. Reminiscent of a succulent Mid-Eastern dessert treat, this loose leaf tea delivers a full-bodied, amber liquor and a sweet, rich flavor that is delicious hot or iced.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

Mmmmm!! Great combo of flavors, and very well done!

The dry leaves have a strong smell of honey. The honey is still there in the tea, but the pear flavor is more pronounced. It’s really smooth and not at all artificial tasting. Definitely needs sweetener to bring out the flavors. Just add it gradually. I over-sweetened my first cup and kinda ruined it :(

This is a very uniquely flavored tea. It’s somewhat light while still being a nice treat, just like a dessert of honey and pears would be.

Nice black tea with a sweet smell and a delicate taste, but nothing superbly interesting. Kind of a one-dimensional flavor.

Ricky

Boohoo! Drink Lapsang and tell me how it is.

As much as I wanted to like this tea (I love pears and honey), I couldn’t convince myself that I did. My wife thought the honey was too pronounced. Overall this did not impress me as Mark’s best effort.

Really smells of honey with faint pear notes. Tea has a honey sweetness that could be cloying but for the brisk finish; the pear takes a back seat to the honey but slips through every once in a while. A nice afternoon cup—

I am overly enthusiastic about my Golden Moon tea sampler and decided to try another cup. I’ve been wanting to try this Honey Pear tea for a really long time.. and it was the first Golden Moon tea that caught my eye. Well, I opened the package and I didn’t really smell pear.. it was more of an odd smell mixed with cough medicine? The actual brew smells like some kind of fruit (not really pear) and something artificial. There is also something that I can’t put my finger on.. is that the honey?
The actual taste is slightly sweet (the fruity taste) but with a bitter note. I wouldn’t say that this is necessarily pear or honey. It’s a rather odd combination and I’m not too fond of it. Every once and a while, I do taste a tiny bit of pear or a little bit of fruit… but no great honey pear combination. I’m really disappointed because I hoped to have a really flavorful and funky cup of tea. It’s funky, but not as flavorful as I’d hoped.

EDIT: A few hours later.. I started to feel sick and I think the cause was this Honey Pear. Maybe it was that I was too excited to try all of this new tea and had too much at once… but I can’t even think about this blend now without feeling sick. Yuck.

This tea is interesting. It definitely has a natural pear flavor with the heaviness of honey, if you know what I mean. I recognize that there is a black base underneath, not hidden, but not overpowering either. The aroma is very noticeable. It has a vague floral flavour as well.
I like this more than I thought I would, but still not enough to want to make sure I keep it on hand.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Pear

This was one I wanted to try out of Dexter’s cupboard. I love pear in all forms and have only tried a couple of pear teas.
The dry leaf of this is soooo lovely… truly honey pear.
The honey is reminiscent of Harney’s Elyse’s blend, just toned down slightly.
Steeped, it’s really wonderful. I love when teas taste how they smell, which honestly doesn’t happen that often with flavoured blacks for me. There’s no bitterness here, which I was worried about (probably because the honey was reminding me of Elyse’s blend, which while wonderful, is very finicky….). Yup. This is a really nice pear tea.
I’m really glad that I got to try this one! Thanks, Dexter! :))))

Flavors: Honey, Pear

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML
Dexter

Did I send you Joy’s Teaspoon Spicy Pear? That’s my favorite pear tea – if I didn’t I should have…. remind me and I will at some point (I have a couple of others I really think you should try….)

DeliriumsFrogs

No, I haven’t ever tried Joy’s Teaspoon. I’ve only tried Joy’s Almond Cookie, and it was the best smelling thing ever! I bet the pear is amazing! :)

Dexter

It’s pretty amazing – next time I say something like – I’m sending you tea, please reply back with “you said to remind you to send that pear tea..” and I will. :))

Thanks… Sil? Cavocorax? MissB? I actually have no idea who I got this from, though I think it came via Sil at some point. Either way, it was on my wish list (and probably has been for 2-3 years!), so it’s awesome to try it, thank you whoever let me have a cup’s worth! (So, this is also a sipdown, since I used it all up).

Another tea that I’m impressed with, although I don’t like it quite as much as Buttermilk Lemon. The smell is somewhat intoxicating, wonderfully sweet and honey-like, slightly floral, and the flavour is quite honeyed and delicious. Unfortunately, not much pear to speak of, but the honey flavour paired with the mild but tasty black base is a nice combination. I would like to see that honey flavour in other combos, actually – it’s unique. Thanks again mystery swapper! :P

Dexter sent this one my way and i’m really glad i got the chance to try this as it would have likely ended up one of the ones i would have ordered eventually. I’m not a fan. lol I get very little honey and no pear…instead it’s sort of just a weirdly tasting cup of tea. It’s just not delivering on anything that i hoped it would. :( Thanks for sharing though dexter! i appreciate it!

HHTTB

Honey flavored stuff is strange. It is almost a perfume like taste that I associate with honey candies from my childhood, but it never really captures true honey. It makes for a really nice aftertaste, but it never does much for me in the sip. The pear in this is okay, but isn’t very prominent or true to the fruit. It almost matches the honey in perfuminess. I’m kinda eh on this one.