Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

Our Honey Pear begins with top-quality black tea. Then we add the sweet flavor of ripe fruit and rich, smooth honey. Reminiscent of a succulent Mid-Eastern dessert treat, this loose leaf tea delivers a full-bodied, amber liquor and a sweet, rich flavor that is delicious hot or iced.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

Mmmmm!! Great combo of flavors, and very well done!

The dry leaves have a strong smell of honey. The honey is still there in the tea, but the pear flavor is more pronounced. It’s really smooth and not at all artificial tasting. Definitely needs sweetener to bring out the flavors. Just add it gradually. I over-sweetened my first cup and kinda ruined it :(

This is a very uniquely flavored tea. It’s somewhat light while still being a nice treat, just like a dessert of honey and pears would be.

Nice black tea with a sweet smell and a delicate taste, but nothing superbly interesting. Kind of a one-dimensional flavor.

Ricky

Boohoo! Drink Lapsang and tell me how it is.

As much as I wanted to like this tea (I love pears and honey), I couldn’t convince myself that I did. My wife thought the honey was too pronounced. Overall this did not impress me as Mark’s best effort.

Really smells of honey with faint pear notes. Tea has a honey sweetness that could be cloying but for the brisk finish; the pear takes a back seat to the honey but slips through every once in a while. A nice afternoon cup—

I am overly enthusiastic about my Golden Moon tea sampler and decided to try another cup. I’ve been wanting to try this Honey Pear tea for a really long time.. and it was the first Golden Moon tea that caught my eye. Well, I opened the package and I didn’t really smell pear.. it was more of an odd smell mixed with cough medicine? The actual brew smells like some kind of fruit (not really pear) and something artificial. There is also something that I can’t put my finger on.. is that the honey?
The actual taste is slightly sweet (the fruity taste) but with a bitter note. I wouldn’t say that this is necessarily pear or honey. It’s a rather odd combination and I’m not too fond of it. Every once and a while, I do taste a tiny bit of pear or a little bit of fruit… but no great honey pear combination. I’m really disappointed because I hoped to have a really flavorful and funky cup of tea. It’s funky, but not as flavorful as I’d hoped.

EDIT: A few hours later.. I started to feel sick and I think the cause was this Honey Pear. Maybe it was that I was too excited to try all of this new tea and had too much at once… but I can’t even think about this blend now without feeling sick. Yuck.

Dexter sent this one my way and i’m really glad i got the chance to try this as it would have likely ended up one of the ones i would have ordered eventually. I’m not a fan. lol I get very little honey and no pear…instead it’s sort of just a weirdly tasting cup of tea. It’s just not delivering on anything that i hoped it would. :( Thanks for sharing though dexter! i appreciate it!

HHTTB

Honey flavored stuff is strange. It is almost a perfume like taste that I associate with honey candies from my childhood, but it never really captures true honey. It makes for a really nice aftertaste, but it never does much for me in the sip. The pear in this is okay, but isn’t very prominent or true to the fruit. It almost matches the honey in perfuminess. I’m kinda eh on this one.

I’m finishing my sample of this. It’s okay. That’s all that can be said about this – OKAY. I think pear might not work for me as a tea flavoring. And it makes tea smell a little bit like urine.

However, I did give in to the Golden Moon’s free shipping offer (code: freeshipping, US only) and today ordered an ounce of Sugar Caramel Oolong (it was dirt cheap – $4.99) and about 9 samples of their teas that I haven’t tried yet.

Also, I’m waiting for some nice day off to sample swap teas or the ones that I have recently acquired. I don’t work many hours a week (~25) but DO they wear me out…

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I only bought a small sample of this tea because I wasn’t sure if I’d like it. When I opened the sample, the dry leaf had a very strong, almost harsh pear scent. I immediately thought of Della Terra Teas’ perfect pear tea, which was okay, but too perfume-y. Once steeped, however, the tea still had that strong scent, but the taste was lovely. It was much more smooth, and kind of the perfect pairing of pear and honey. I actually really liked it! It’s not as harsh as it smells and no where near as perfume-y as DTT’s pear tea. Hmm, maybe I should have gone for the 1 oz. pouch…I guess there’s always next time!!

ooooh good to know. :)

Stephanie

Yum, this one sounds good!

There are subtle flavored teas, but this isn’t one of them. To me this is a big, bold tea with an artificial but not unlikeable golden pear flavor. Really, the pear flavor is overwhelming. The honey doesn’t hurt either, it compliments very well. It’s fragrant and it’s strong-I would say less is more when measuring this tea. This is also one of the first teas to go bitter if you brew it too long so I tend to pour additional mugs if I don’t finish the pot. I have purchased this for years-it’s a staple of my cupboard-and I swear it has only gotten ‘bigger’ since I began buying it. If you like flavored black teas and pear-but not a subtle pear and more the Jolly Rancher concept of pear-this is a great tea.