Darjeeling Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

The land of the dancing mists gives birth to this most precious Indian loose leaf tea. The exquisite balance of fruit, nut and floral notes, with a unique muscatel bouquet make this truly one of the world’s finest.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

I’ve been trying to drink all teas without milk lately. This tea was a nice honey brown color. The dry leaves smelled like floral, warm, and fresh. It was a bit like white tea. Steeped, it was a nutty and deeper scent. The taste is nice and refreshing. It had quite a bit of astringency, so I added a small amount of milk to it, which rounded it well. Nice overall.

An enjoyable tea. I took a recommendation from Jacqueline of drinking this iced. That changes the tea for me, and makes it tasty in my eyes. I have only have had 2 different darjeelings in my life, so I wouldn’t really know much about Darjeeling. But from the other two, I didn’t enjoy them like this one. Though each darjeeling I drank have been so radically different from the other. This tea has a nice natural sweetness, like peaches maybe?

This tea is growing on me as I drink it. I’m not sure how to describe it really. It’s very tea like in my mind. There is a element of nuts/flowers at the end of a sip but it’s very faint. The tea tasted really strong but became much tamer as it cooled a little. I probably would have had less strong if I hadn’t steeped as long but I really didn’t get any of the astringency of steeping too long. I think it probably was a shock on my tongue after so many other teas with various stronger additional flavors to the tea. Not my favorite tea but not bad at all.

I feel like I have not had a good darjeeling, or at least not a good one that is properly prepared. Darjeeling is definitely not the tea I would have all the time, because of my forgetfulness when the tea is steeping. Yes, I have tried timers. The alarms I tend to shut off like my alarm clock in the morning, so timers do no good for me.

This one, though, is likeable. I like the grapey aroma, and the taste is like a light black tea, but with no bitterness. And I did oversteep this one, and still no bitterness. Even better iced. Probably the first darjeeling that I like!

Phil Hovatter

Golden Moon provided my first good Darjeeling experience, too. Like you, I think I just didn’t have good ones before this, because I’ve had several good Darjeelings since then. But you never forget your first time. Great tea. I’m almost out.

GM sample 16/31
I’m completly new to darleeling so I’m not quite sure what musquetal is. I do detect a sweet fruity taste and than a slightly bitter nutty aftertaste, almost like when I used to chew on acorns as a kid. I don’t really detect a floral taste, but I do smell it. Not one of my faves, but not a bad tea.

wooo this stuff is strong!

I’ll be fair, though. We know I’m not in love with black tea, so my rating may seem a bit harsh. The first time I tried it, it was steeped at [the minimum of] two minutes. This time I accidentally let it go a little longer (four minutes) and I actually like it better. This can’t be right.

I don’t really find it bitter, and once it cools a bit it doesn’t taste as strong and potent. So yeah, it tastes like a standard black tea to me. But it’s one I can actually drink and not wince at the taste.

Very tasty, sweet and smooth. I love the way this smells as I’m pouring it into my cup. Relaxing and mellow, it balances very well after a meal or between meals. Both fruity floral and a tiny bit nutty at the same time.

Another golden moon sample. Now that I’m back at my dorm room, I’m back to boiling/heating my tea in a microwave. The smell , not so much different from any other black tea.

First sip, I like it. It’s got a definite black taste to it, but at the same timea special little kick that I really do like the taste of. I’ve never had a darjeeling tea before, so I don’t really know how to compare it.

Overall it has a very good black tea taste, and I could easily see myself drinking this every day. But it just doesn’t taste like something very special. It seems like a generic black tea with a different flavor to it. But is there really much more to darjeeling tea? I have no idea.

Why not go with another GM sample sipdown? I’m not sure why this gets such a low rating! It’s a nice representative of Darjeeling… the standard flavors are there. However you could describe a Darjeeling. The flavor here is kind of bold – probably because the sample actually had closer to two teaspoons. Classic delicious Darjeeling. I’m a fan! Not much else to say, but I don’t understand such a low rating for such a tasty Darjeeling (growing to love them, I guess.)
Steep #1 // waited 13 minutes after boiling // 2 1/2 min
Steep #2 // 13 mins after boiling // 2 1/2 min

All the usual standard hoped for qualities of a darjeeling, and smooth to boot. A nice easy-going version for when you don’t want to treat it all too preciously or think too much about it.