Kashmiri Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was craving this one last night. I still had my chocolate covered graham crackers (so easy to make! Take 4 graham crackers and put them on parchment paper. Melt 1/2 c chocolate, chocolate chips,...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “So I decided I wanted to make some chai over the stove, and I chose this tea for it. WOW! Over the stove top is a lot better than brewing it in a cup! I added more milk to it since the brew was...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes
  • “Last month Amanda sent me a sample of this and I ended up really liking it - so much that I broke down and bought a half a pound of this offering from Golden Moon. Took advantage of a free...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes
  • “Oh my god. I think I'm in LOVE. I've been wanting to try chai, but I didn't know how, and frankly, the process can seem somewhat intimidating. But takgoti and Auggy really broke it down for me,...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes

From Golden Moon Tea

Kashmiri Chai is an exotic, spiced loose leaf tea from the Himalayas of Northern India. Aromatic and warming, natives of India often comment that the authentic and delicious recipe reminds them of home. Serve with cream and honey for a rich treat.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

I’m kind of disappointed. After hearing/reading rave reviews of proper chai, and going out to actually buy milk (this rarely happens in my house), I expected to be amazed.

I loved the smell. It has that smell of a country farmer’s market. I want to go pumpkin picking now, or something. And it certainly filled the kitchen with its spicy, woodsy fragrance (surely mother won’t be complaining).

I used the “authentic” recipe that teaplz forced upon me [ever so lovingly]. Know what this reminds me of? Why I don’t add anything to my tea.

The first few sips were enjoyable. It’s really rich, probably due to the water/milk ratio (1:1). But toward the end I had to force it down. I’m just not used to thick teas, and it reminded me more of “milk with a tea aftertaste.” How disappointing. Maybe chai isn’t for me after all.

I don’t often crave Chai, but when I do this Golden Moon mixture is very satisfying. You have to be very careful to not over-steep this one as it gets bitter as time goes by. Fantastic aroma is almost better than the taste. :)

Again I had a hard time getting my nose of the package. Leaves smell wonderfully of cinnamon and cloves. Kinda reminds me of mulling spices for apple cider. I love chai so i was looking forward to trying this one.
LOVED THIS TEA. The spices were wonderfully warming on a cold day. The only negative is that there was a strong bitter taste that you get with black teas which i’m not a fan of. Haven’t tried it with cream and honey cause i didn’t have time to fix another cup, but hopefully will try this mixture tomorrow.
And Merry Xmas Everyone XD

This is one of my favorite chai tea blends, mostly because it doesn’t contain pepper. It’s mellow and lovely and I need to buy more!

By far my new favorite Chai. I’ve made it straight and as a latte.

Here is one of these unwieldy metallic packaged GM samples sipdowned. I felt like chai today! I don’t know if it was just my sample, but this one seems to have mostly cinnamon (and black tea of course – though the description on the label says it should have also contained green tea – eww no.) A hojicha chai might be nice. But it looked like there is just black tea here.- not a CTC leaf but kind of smallish. This is pretty good – nice black tea with a decent briskness. The cinnamon shines. If I were to pick a favorite chai ingredient, I’d pick cinnamon.

I think my tastebuds recently changed… there was a week where my tongue was sore… like if I had eaten eggplant, though that usually only lasts an hour. Some things are tasting differently now. Ketchup is almost unbearably strong now. If taste buds change every seven years, that means the last time was about a year after I started drinking tea and that was mostly teabags. Hopefully none of my favorites are terrible now! hmmm…

We got the revert-to-cold snap last night I was hoping for and I jumped on it as a chance to drink up some chai! I did them all proper even, the whole 10 to 20 minute stovetop dance with milk and honey as I’ve decided that’s just the only way I’m ever satisfied drinking chai.

Wasn’t nuts for this one. It was rather bitter. Not awful, but compared to the others I had last night it was my least favorite. Ah well.

Sample. Simmered 6 minutes in 8oz of whole milk. I love chai, but I did not like this at all. Thought it was weak, and didn’t enjoy the spice combo.

Very nice. Not bitter, don’t need to use sugar or milk with it (haven’t tried yet, though). Smells extremely spicy, which I like, but I don’t taste the spices too strongly in the cup.

Mmmmm Chai.

This stuff was just tasty. Made it using the usual stove top method. brought 1 cup of water and 1 T. of sugar to a high boil then added my tea, Reduced the heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes after that I poured some of the tea into 1 cup of milk and stirred it around to raise the temperature a bit so it wouldn’t coagulate on contact with the hot tea. Then I poured the milk into the tea and kept it on medium heat, constantly stirring it to prevent coagulation until it reached a steady low boil. Then I strained it into a warmed teapot. The infusion smelled amazing. Mostly cinnamon smelling with hints of other spices as well. The taste was just as amazing. A nice spiced flavor to it but with hints of the flavor from the tea as well. it’s very equally balanced and very pleasant. Defiantly something I will be getting more of.

Boiling 8 min or more