Kashmiri Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon, Earth, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

Kashmiri Chai is an exotic, spiced loose leaf tea from the Himalayas of Northern India. Aromatic and warming, natives of India often comment that the authentic and delicious recipe reminds them of home. Serve with cream and honey for a rich treat.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

Very nice. Not bitter, don’t need to use sugar or milk with it (haven’t tried yet, though). Smells extremely spicy, which I like, but I don’t taste the spices too strongly in the cup.

Mmmmm Chai.

This stuff was just tasty. Made it using the usual stove top method. brought 1 cup of water and 1 T. of sugar to a high boil then added my tea, Reduced the heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes after that I poured some of the tea into 1 cup of milk and stirred it around to raise the temperature a bit so it wouldn’t coagulate on contact with the hot tea. Then I poured the milk into the tea and kept it on medium heat, constantly stirring it to prevent coagulation until it reached a steady low boil. Then I strained it into a warmed teapot. The infusion smelled amazing. Mostly cinnamon smelling with hints of other spices as well. The taste was just as amazing. A nice spiced flavor to it but with hints of the flavor from the tea as well. it’s very equally balanced and very pleasant. Defiantly something I will be getting more of.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’ve wanted to try a loose leaf chai for awhile. I admit, I took the shortcut for preparing it and brewed it as I normally do steeping for 4.5 minutes this time. I tasted first with no milk or honey (I very rarely add anything to my teas). I expected I’d probably want to add something but I figured I’d taste it straight anyway. Not bad, the spices are quite strong straight. It made my tongue feel weird. So, I added some milk and honey.

The taste is amazing. Just the right balance of spice and tea. It’s almost meditation inducing. Too bad I didn’t measure the milk and honey so I could reproduce this. The scent is intoxicating.

I’m really enjoying this tea.
Oops, as it cools I realized I think I put too much honey in. It’s getting a bit sweet.