Nepalese Afternoon Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Realized that I needed to reintroduce black tea into my world -- especially on freezing cold mornings. Just a nice black tea. I am noticing some more astringency this time around, but it could be...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes
  • “I've had this sample for a little while now, and decided that I wanted a nice relaxing afternoon cup today. This is really quite nice. It is one that I think is best if you let cool for a few...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Steeped as instructed - love sandalwood so much. This was just NOT okay. Bitter astringent - wonder what I did wrong. It seems like the flavors were there ... but I fear I messed it up somehow. I...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I'm actually really enjoying this one this morning. When you bust open this package, lemme tell you, this tea smells delicious. I kept inhaling. There are some cocoa notes overlaid with honey...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes

From Golden Moon Tea

Nepalese Afternoon Tea is grown at the base of Mount Everest in the remote Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal. The infused nectar of this loose leaf tea evokes serene notes of lotus, honey and fragrant sandalwood.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

Once more, a black tea sample from Golden Moon tea. Taken with skim milk & a packet of equal.

Smell, well it smells pretty typical to me. It smells pretty strong, maybe its the sandalwood.

Taste is a lot lighter than the other two i drank from golden moon. Probably since it’s an ‘afternoon tea’. There is a bit of an aftertaste though, i’m thinking from the sandalwood It tastes good aside from that aftertaste. I’m not really feeling this tea that much though. It has good flavor to me from the honey and lotus but the sandalwood is throwing me off. The tea itself also doesn’t have that much of body to it like the english and irish breakfast did.

A nice tasty cup of tea but the breakfast blends were much better i think.

I had this again yesterday with a friend. It is truly an great afternoon tea. Both of us enjoyed the dimensions and quality of this tea.

Alovely tea that smells like sandalwood, tastes like honey and flowers, without being sweet, [hooray] or flowery and has a nice lingering taste. A definite keeper

I really want to like this tea, but it has an almost metallic astringency to it that really clashes on my taste buds. I’ve had it before where it hasn’t been astringent, so it might be a batch issue, rather than a tea issue.

The mild scent of the dry leaves stumped me. It was mild, floral, and sweet. No strong malty or yeasty overtones as I’d expect with black tea. Their appearance recalled some Golden Monkey in leaf type only, not color.

As i always do with a first brewing of a new tea, I followed instructions, 1 tsp. per cup of water, plus one extra. 4 tsp in 3 cups of water at 205F.

The tea was deep rich yellow, mildly scented and mild tasting. Very sweet (again, not sugary, but free of astringency or bitterness) with mild floral notes. Again, not typical of black tea, but not bad, either. All the flavor a good tea, without the extras of malt and astringency.

All things considered I enjoyed this tea. It’s a mild tea that is good for times when a big bodied black is too much.

I’m sure this tea can be much more, so next time it’ll be 2 tsp. per cup, same time, same temp. We’ll see how that goes.

Gene

Brews up a light, bright, pretty orangeish color. Has that light refreshing quality and woodiness I like and associate with black teas from Nepal. I think I like my Fikkal estate tea more—it’s not as delicate and has a lot of flavor—but this does me just fine for today.

Sample. Was surprised by the very light color of this black tea. The smell is wonderful. Very lightly floral. Reminds me a little of Upton’s Moonlight Castleton Estate tea. I thought however that the scent didn’t transfer over to the taste. Didn’t taste like much of anything. Keeping in mind I definitely don’t have a very sophisticated palate.

Brewed tea smells complex like pepper and sandlewood. The taste is mellow honey, pepper and oak. mildly astringent. light amber in the cup.

Brewed 5min. No additives. Hot.
It ends with a bit of astringency and bitter after taste. Is better with sugar but I was hoping I found a black tea that didn’t need it.