Madagascar Vanilla

Black Herbal Blend
Orange Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Had a delicious breakfast of this tea taken plain and a slice of pumpkin pie! HIGHLY recommended pairing :) I am surprised how much I adore this tea sans additions. It's a good tea flavor and...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “SO... I know this was a sample sent to me from someone, but for the life of me I cannot remember who. Thanks to the my mystery tea giver! See, after looking at all the ho hum reviews, and my shady...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1308 tasting notes
  • “So, I was in Cardullo's last night, buying another Kusmi sampler (for a friend!), and thinking of maybe getting a little tin of Paris for myself, when I saw that they had a sale shelf. With Golden...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes
  • “*Infusin_Susan* sent this one to me in our recent swap. These days I tend to be drawn to almost anything flavoured or partially flavoured with vanilla. I blame *JacquelineM* for this. She was the...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1279 tasting notes

From Golden Moon Tea

Madagascar mixes rich black tea with slices of real vanilla bean to produce a deep flavor that incorporates notes of dark rum, sweet earth and tropical flowers. Both smooth and exotic, this loose leaf tea is great served with buttered toast as a special morning treat.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

Fairly robust. Lots of good vanilla flavor. Delicious with cream and a little sugar.

I wish it had more body, though. And a heftier mouthfeel. (A vanilla scented yunnan would be so good!) Maybe I didn’t steep it long enough?

Sample 10/31
While I liked this tea, I didn’t like it as much as the vanilla mint tea that Golden Moon also sells. The vanilla taste is not very prominant in the brewed tea in fact I think I think I taste more mint than vanilla. Not a bad tea but there are better vanilla offerings by this company.

My humans are partial to vanilla in their tea, so they had to try this one: http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-english-tea-stores-golden-moon.html

Smells better than it tastes. Not bad, but there are so many better flavored black teas out there. Harney’s Vanilla Comoro, decaf though it is, is superior to this.

Ok, so I actually tried this tea 2 days ago. Oops. I got busy and only typed a few lines before I needed to run off so this will be brief. I still wanted to log it though.

Smells of vanilla, Tastes of black tea with vanilla. Warming. Nothing special but nothing bad. Hmm, I wish I’d typed more or had it in front of me now but sadly this tiny bit is all I can manage for this tea.

Boiling

Brewed 3 min. 1Tsp raw sugar. Hot.
This is my favorite vanilla tea. Golden Moon has stuck a very nice balance between the tea and the vanilla.
They did this by using a tea that can be called a weaker tasting black tea to allow the vanilla to come out in more prominence than in most other vanilla teas.
Which is awesome for me since I don’t really like black teas that hit you over the head with flavor anyway. There is no tannic bitterness or astringency.
Just a delightful, light vanilla tea.

This is April Fool’s Day. This tea April Fooled me :( The dry tea smells great like vanilla beans.
The flavor is vanilla and
it has a briny orange flavor to the liquor that is different. I don’t know what tea this is made with :(
This is what Steepster is for so you can know about a tea before purchasing. This is tea like you get in the grocery store, ok but not high end and you don’t know what you are drinking. :(

Flavors: Orange Zest, Vanilla

This is one of the better vanilla teas I’ve had. Much more vanilla bean-y, which is what I prefer. The black base is smooth too. Definitely a winner. :)

Sample. Very mild. Smells pretty sweet and vanilla-y, but doesn’t taste like vanilla.

This smelled like creamy vanilla, but the scent did not carry over to the tea. No creamy vanilla flavor, just a tea with a bit of harshness. 2nd steep was a bit smoother, but never did taste vanilla. Not destined to be a favorite—