Madagascar Vanilla

Black Herbal Blend
Vanilla, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

Madagascar mixes rich black tea with slices of real vanilla bean to produce a deep flavor that incorporates notes of dark rum, sweet earth and tropical flowers. Both smooth and exotic, this loose leaf tea is great served with buttered toast as a special morning treat.

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

This is one of the better vanilla teas I’ve had. Much more vanilla bean-y, which is what I prefer. The black base is smooth too. Definitely a winner. :)

Sample. Very mild. Smells pretty sweet and vanilla-y, but doesn’t taste like vanilla.

This smelled like creamy vanilla, but the scent did not carry over to the tea. No creamy vanilla flavor, just a tea with a bit of harshness. 2nd steep was a bit smoother, but never did taste vanilla. Not destined to be a favorite—

Smells cloyingly sweet, candy-like caramel vanilla. Tastes much milder – almost neutral with a hint of a vegetal spinachy taste. The vanilla is most prominent in the finish. Mild astringency. Brews up pale amber.

My Golden Moon sampler came! Yaaaay! :D I’m drinking this one this morning, because I need some caffeine. :P

This smelled so good when I opened the bag! Unfortunately, I’m a bit disappointed by the tea itself, as I like the aftertaste more than the tea. Based on the scent, I was anticipating a much richer taste, but I do enjoy the sweet vanilla aftertaste.