White Ginger

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Golden Moon Tea

Golden Moon Tea delicately blends hand-plucked white loose leaf tea leaves and exquisite Yin Zhen buds with freshly dried ginger root to produce a sweet and enlivening cup. Ginger, treasured by traditional herbalists for its strengthening and digestive properties, lends a spicy and aromatic note to the clear infusion. White Ginger, delicate yet vibrant, serene yet sensuous, warming yet refreshing. Ingredients: White tea, ginger root

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

I’m usually not a big fan of white teas unless they’re silver needle, but I found a whole tin of this while doing my tea cabinet clean.

It’s not big on ginger flavor — that would overpower the delicateness of the white tea — but you do get a little hint of it as an aftertaste. It’s just an OK, middle-of-the-road tea. I expected to like it, but it was just average for me.

Sample. Can definitely taste/smell the ginger. Is okay. I actually like ginger a lot in baked goods, but I think I’d prefer to keep my ginger out of tea. Unless it’s Chai!

I really tried to find the ginger in this tea—it just tastes like an average white tea to me. Maybe a bit of a gingery aftertaste in this, my 2nd infusion, if I focus. I like ginger alot, and I was looking forward to trying this sample. Oh, well—

Brewed 3 min. No additives. Drank Hot.
It’s named correctly. The white tea is surprisingly the dominant flavor with a under current of ginger that lasts though out and leaves a pleasant lingering after taste.
Golden Moon calls this tea “refreshing” and I really would disagree with that. But soothing would be a good word to use.
The flavors are balanced well and this tea can be re-steeped twice with absolutely no flavor loss.