China Lichee Black Tea

Lychee
Edit tea info Last updated by Alisha VanHoose Torres

• “Decided to try this one out since I have no spicy caffeinated teas at the moment. The dry smell is quite fruity, and the tea scent comes out as it's steeping. It smells delicious! The naked flavor...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Lichee black tea will always have a special place in my tea collection. It's mellow and kind of an anytime tea. It's sweet and slightly floral. The lichee flavor doesn't overpower the black base. A...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 794 tasting notes
  • “Brewed this tea smells of biscuits raisins and a lychee scent accompanied by a slight sharp citrusy note. The liquor is an aged maple wood colour. It tastes of biscuit, raisin,and lychee. With...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 380 tasting notes
  • “Steeped it a little too long this time. The lichee notes were definitely taken a good bit over by those strong, pungent black tea tannins. The second steeping wasn't bad. Subtle notes of lichee,...” Read full tasting note
    Jonowen 5 tasting notes

From Golden Sail Brand

Product description not available yet.

About Golden Sail Brand View company

Decided to try this one out since I have no spicy caffeinated teas at the moment. The dry smell is quite fruity, and the tea scent comes out as it’s steeping. It smells delicious! The naked flavor is really interesting- fruit hints with black tea overtones. Slightly tart. Nice full mouth feel with a bit of dryness. Very nice!

Lichee black tea will always have a special place in my tea collection. It’s mellow and kind of an anytime tea. It’s sweet and slightly floral. The lichee flavor doesn’t overpower the black base. A nice first cup :]

It tastes of biscuit, raisin,and lychee. With the lychee note like that found in canned lychee packed in water, There is a hint of a green floral notes and malty lightly bitter after note. The tea is smooth, with a medium to thick body and no astringency. It is very forgiving you can steep it and forget about it and it remains easily drinkable. It makes a great iced tea and cold brews really well. It re-steeps decently well. Overall a nice affordable every day tea.

Steeped it a little too long this time. The lichee notes were definitely taken a good bit over by those strong, pungent black tea tannins. The second steeping wasn’t bad. Subtle notes of lichee, with a smooth black taste.

Bonnie

Saw you on Steepster, too bad you haven’t been using it in a long time. My son lives in San Francisco and my brother (Stephen Johnstone) was with Y-WAM in Cyprus years ago.
Now he’s an ordained Eastern Orthodox Deacon in Silicon Valley, (Not that Far from where you were) at St. Stephen Orthodox Church in Campbell, CA. I have a tea blog www.teaandincense.com taken from the verse (and song) “let my prayer arise in Your sight as incense and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice,”. What I share in my own way is how to be still with tea drinking first. Then I tell stories, often weaving tales from my own life. Blessed Nativity to you!

I don’t normally like fruit-flavored teas because often, the fruit flavor negates the tea flavor and I can’t taste either. That is not the case with this tea. It’s delightful. Sweet, without being cloying, and it still tastes like tea!

I find this tea to taste great even when steeped for a really long time. It’s drinkable at any point of it’s tea life. With slightly different flavor at different steep times. For me it never gets too bitter no matter how long I steep it. I’ve left it steeping for hours, then drank it cold and it still tastes great.

Highly recommended if you like black tea.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I made two pitchers of this tea iced because I got a little too excited about my new Takeya flash-chill tea pitchers. So I’ll be drinking it for awhile.

It’s good iced, with just a hint of sugar. I like it cold, room temp, and of course warm!

Warm, the lychee flavor comes forward strongly, a little tart with just the right amount of fragrance. More like the canned version you buy to make desserts though, not as sweet as fresh lychee.

It’s a lovely everyday, anytime type of tea. I always wash the leaves first though, or the first steep is overwhelmingly strong. The leaves are good for several steepings, but oversteeping makes the lychee taste/smell much more chemical. My sister enjoys making milk tea with this one.

Flavors: Lychee

This is an amazing tea. Especially for the price. I bought it for $8(for half a pound), and have been drinking it for quite a while now. It is a very rich, almost mahogany color. The dry tea itself smells very fruity, and definitely could be off-putting. But the product is great. It is very smooth, and surprisingly subtle lychee taste. I found that when I steeped it longer, that flavor went away, and it did become bitter, but I may just prefer the slight fruitiness. There is little to no loss of flavor in the second steep. Overall, you really can’t go wrong with the price.