Pride of Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Golden Tips Teas

From Golden Tips Teas

A unique tea with a pronounced rare muscatel flavour. High grown amidst the misty Mountains and sheltered by snow capped Himalayas, this is one of the best offerings from the world’s most famous tea growing region very aptly named “Pride of Darjeeling”.

A Golden Tips Registered Signature Blend

Buy Online: www.goldentipstea.com

About Golden Tips Teas View company

Review By TEA EXPERT: Shaiha

RATINGS: 9.1/10

COMPLETE TEA REVIEW:
Ever had one of those days where your pep just seems to have deserted you and then you realize that you haven’t had any tea yet to wake it up. Yeah it has really has been one of those days so I decided that I needed to stop, brew up some tea and write up a review. Lately I have been on a darjeeling kick so I couldn’t resist when we had some come up for review. According to the Golden Tips website:
A unique Darjeeling tea with a pronounced rare muscatel flavour. High grown amidst the misty mountains and sheltered by snow capped Himalayas. This tea is one of the best offerings from the world’s most famous tea growing region, aptly named ‘Pride of Darjeeling’.
I was disappointed when an estate where it was grown or even a year was mentioned. Though I do have admit that I do tend to really prefer the 2nd flushes. The aroma is grassy with a deep winey texture to it. The leaves are smaller and gently curved upon themselves. They range in color from a sprinkling of pure gold to a dark brown.
I set them up to brew using a rounded tablespoon of leaves to four cups of water to a steep time of four minutes. The liquor is the rich reddish brown of a good darjeeling. And the aroma is wonderful! They weren’t kidding about the muscatel
Now how to describe the taste. It has a medium mouthfeel and a muscatel comes thru with every sip. Each sip is layered. There is a bit of astringency at the forefront, the middle is slightly flat and then it soars upward with a strong taste of a good red wine which lingers into the aftertaste.
I was slightly wary about this tea when no real birthright was mentioned but was very pleasantly surprised by the taste. It really does have the strongest muscatel taste I have ran across in a tea. If this is what you crave for in your darjeeling, I would certainly give this tea a try. I know that this is a tea that I would love to keep in stock.