Goomtee Darjeeling Black Tea Second Flush (2014)

Darjeeling Tea
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This fragrant second flush darjeeling from Goomtee estate by way of Golden Tips brews up a beautiful amber color and tastes smooth and--I hate to say it, but it's true--gulpable. Delicious! I kept...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1377 tasting notes
  • “Very grapey and sweet, and very good. I really am enjoying the Golden Tips subscription - I was never a huge black tea fan before, particularly unflavored. Now I am realizing how much more they...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 394 tasting notes
  • “Dear Goomtee, My husband just found out about our affair. Surprisingly, he didn't pull out his shotgun. He just rolled his eyes and sighed. He has his fishing rods and baits, and I have you, my...” Read full tasting note
    Saradiann 48 tasting notes
  • “And now I understand what people were saying about second flush teas. Yep. My first sip. Sweet. Grape. Yep, I finally get it. I did not expect to do more than casually like this tea, to be...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 486 tasting notes

From Golden Tips Teas

A robust and full-bodied second flush black tea from the very popular Goomtee tea estate in Darjeeling. Rich with the natural muscatel flavor and beaming with the freshness of summer, this tea is characteristic of the slightly sweet aroma of orchards combined with the scent of pinewood. An excellent tea with all characteristic of a premium Darjeeling second flush.

Grade FTGFOP1
Picked 28th May, 2014

About Golden Tips Teas View company

This fragrant second flush darjeeling from Goomtee estate by way of Golden Tips brews up a beautiful amber color and tastes smooth and—I hate to say it, but it’s true—gulpable.

Delicious! I kept the temperature low and the steep time short, because it is so easy to oversteep good darjeelings and mistake poor parameters for bitterness in the tea itself. No bitterness here, and not too grassy either. This is a slightly sweeter darjeeling with, yes, a somewhat fruity demeanor. The dried tea is exceptionally fragrant and though mostly charcoal colored, there are also some lighter tips.

This tea is a good example of why people become obsessed with darjeeling. ;-)

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 45 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Cheri

This was my favorite of the July subscription teas.

sherapop

Isn’t it yummy, Cheri? ;-)

Cheri

It’s soooo gooooood. I might even order this one.

Kirkoneill1988

Darjeeling is ok to me. :P Ahh… charcoal colored :) the usual for black tea :D

Very grapey and sweet, and very good. I really am enjoying the Golden Tips subscription – I was never a huge black tea fan before, particularly unflavored. Now I am realizing how much more they have to offer. As a fan of sweeter flavors, this one is right up my alley.

Dear Goomtee,
My husband just found out about our affair. Surprisingly, he didn’t pull out his shotgun. He just rolled his eyes and sighed. He has his fishing rods and baits, and I have you, my precious, heavenly cup of gold. Every sip is a love letter…
I must have more…
Love,
Me

And now I understand what people were saying about second flush teas. Yep.

My first sip. Sweet. Grape. Yep, I finally get it.

I did not expect to do more than casually like this tea, to be honest, but I knew I had to try it and give it a chance.

I really, really like this tea. I want more.

It’s sweet and slightly floral. I now know what people mean when they say “muscatal” when they’re talking about this tea. It really did remind me of those muscat grapes. Amazing.

I was worried that this subscription wouldn’t be right for me, but I guess I’m really growing as a tea lover. Sorry, Marzipan, I won’t be sending this one to you.

Marzipan

I’m glad to watch the journey :)