Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by dagdardash

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

This offering is the direct result of our relationship with tea growers on our tea-buying trip to Taiwan in the Fall of 2008. The Jin Xuan is an oolong tea varietal that is typically grown side-by-side with the Frozen Summit, or High Mountain, teas. The leaves themselves are slightly larger, darker green, and have a “coarser” serration on their margin. What truly makes the difference in taste, however, is the time of day the the plucking is accomplished. While Frozen Summit is usually picked early in the morning, Jin Xuan is picked in the heat of the day while the plants are at their most fragrant – a difference you will definitely detect in the cup…

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

I bought 2oz of this back in December with my last order from Gong Fu. I really liked the milk oolong and wanted to try something similar but different. I have had this a few times and there is something about it that just hits me wrong. I am not sure if I am brewing it incorrectly but I always get a “bitter” flavor. I am not sure if it is actually bitter or just a flavor in the tea that is hitting me wrong. This tea looks like it has won some prizes and although that doesn’t mean anything for my palate, I just wanted to like it.

This smells very floral/vegetal. The first part of the sip is very buttery followed by the flavor that I dislike. I have a few tsp left of this. Maybe I will try lowering the water temp even more?

Sarah – didn’t like. Would not re-buy. Rating: 0