Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by dagdardash

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

The finest of the White teas. Our Silver Needle is comprised only of Spring-picked buds from China’s Fujian Province, and produces a delicate flavor with a long and balanced sweetness. This White tea is naturally low in caffeine and high in antioxidants. An excellent evening tea.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

I found a good sized sample of this in my sample drawer. I was pretty excited because I love silver needle! It’s sweet and mellow. I wish it had a bit more of that silver needle sweetness to it though. It’s a bit weak but it goes perfectly with my rainy day off :)

Sarsonator

You have a dedicated drawer for samples? That’s so awesome!

KallieBoo!

I somehow acquired so many a sample drawer was necessary D: It’s slowly but surely clearing out :3

The first time I made this, I made it to the package instructions. 1 tsp per 6oz @ 195. It was way to weak for me, it tasted like drinking water and I got none of the sweet taste that I enjoy about silver needle. Last night I made this and altered my preparation a bit. I used 3ish tsp for 12 oz water, steeped for a little over 2 mins @ 175. Much more enjoyable. I could taste the tea and not just the water. Will have to try this again to see if it was really the preparation or my mood:).

Sarah – really like this one. Definitely buy again. Rating: 90