Golden Tip Assam

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Okay, so I've been saying that I don't normally add milk or sugar to teas. I may have to change that assertion. For the past two weeks more nights than not I have been having a 4 cup pot of an...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 563 tasting notes
  • “*Sipdown!* Just poured the rest of my leaves into the strainer and steeped for a little under 4 minutes. a-HA! THIS is the renowned Assam flavor! Bold, sweet, honey-esque, a translucent flavor....” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 313 tasting notes

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

Assam, Bramaputra valley is the largest tea producing region in the world. The valley lies 120 miles east of Darjeeling and borders with China, Myanmar (“it will always be Burma to me”) and Bangladesh. It is one of the wettest regions of the world. The majority of Assam production takes place from July to September. Golden Assams are prized among others for their malty, full-body flavor.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

Okay, so I’ve been saying that I don’t normally add milk or sugar to teas. I may have to change that assertion. For the past two weeks more nights than not I have been having a 4 cup pot of an Assam or a Ceylon with cream instead of dinner. It’s just what has sounded good. I’ve gone from “using up leftover cream” to buying half-and-half and cream specifically to have with tea. I still don’t like flavored teas with cream (or sugar usually) but this one is definitely yummy with either or both. :)

The downside to having 32 ounces of tea for dinner is that I have to get it over with before about 7:00 or I’ll be up all night making bathroom trips. :)

Bonnie

The milk tends to bring out maltiness and cocoa in tea, so I do the same with many of my black teas.

gmathis

I’m embarrassed to admit my evening cut-off time for food and drink ;)

Sipdown!

Just poured the rest of my leaves into the strainer and steeped for a little under 4 minutes. a-HA! THIS is the renowned Assam flavor! Bold, sweet, honey-esque, a translucent flavor. Kind of a classic “black tea” taste with little to no astringency.

This is really good. I don’t know how often I’ll drink Assams, but I’m glad I now have more than one reference for the flavor. I recommend this to anyone who’s an Assam fan, or even just a black tea fan.