Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “I got this to go with me when I left Gong Fu Tea on Friday. I was tempted to buy some leaf to take with me, but again, 2 full ounces for a new to me tea is a bit much. Plus, it smelled a whole lot...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 532 tasting notes
  • “This has been on my wish list for a long time. I finally succumbed to the temptation to buy it, and am not disappointed! It is a luxurious tea good for a special morning or as an after-dinner...” Read full tasting note
    Charissa 65 tasting notes

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

This blend is proof that opposites attract – A hearty Assam Tea base combined with smooth honey vanilla. The resulting harmony is a treat for both the nose and mouth.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

I got this to go with me when I left Gong Fu Tea on Friday. I was tempted to buy some leaf to take with me, but again, 2 full ounces for a new to me tea is a bit much. Plus, it smelled a whole lot like another tea I already have. :)

Again, I think the staff is mistaken in steeping this for 5 minutes. The honey notes were slightly burned tasting and the base was pretty in your face. Other than that, it was a very good tea.

K S

Will they not steep shorter if you ask?

Nicole

They probably would, I’m sure. But it being my first time there (and having already confused them by asking for a Golden Yunnan which they had never heard of), I thought I’d let them do their thing. And since it is 3 hours away I’m not likely to get back especially soon. :) But I will certainly ask them on my next visit to steep for about 3 instead of 5.

This has been on my wish list for a long time. I finally succumbed to the temptation to buy it, and am not disappointed! It is a luxurious tea good for a special morning or as an after-dinner delight to drink with dessert. The honey and vanilla flavors are soft and gentle yet not overpowered by the rich Assam. I love the cream taste—it does indeed taste as if a few small spoonfuls of fresh, silky cream had been swirled around to meld with the tea, just enough for that rich creamy flavor to come through but without diluting the wonderful Assam (like real cream would if it had been added). Thus, this is perfect for people like me who don’t like to add cream or sugar to their tea, but occasionally desire a more rounded out flavor.

Full bodied, rich, and slightly creamy-sweet is how I would sum this up. Very nice!

TeaTiff

I really liked this one. It was a nice pleasant tea in the morning.