Kenyan Safari

Edit tea info Last updated by Charissa

• “I love many different black teas, but this one is just superb. It is rich and robust, yet mellow; strong, yet wonderfully smooth. I absolutely adore it. However, I do wish it was certified organic!” Read full tasting note
    Charissa 62 tasting notes
  • “I received a sample of this from *Charissa*. Thank you for sharing some of your Gong Fu teas with me! This was a really tasty cup. I had this one in the afternoon yesterday, but noted that...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 366 tasting notes

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

This black tea from Kenya is produced in the Cut-Tear-Curl fashion, yielding a small, broken leaf and a strong liquor. Unbeknownst to many of us in America, Kenya is the fourth largest tea-producing nation in the world. This Kenyan is full-bodied but smooth, and a good accompaniment to a hearty breakfast.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

I received a sample of this from Charissa. Thank you for sharing some of your Gong Fu teas with me!

This was a really tasty cup. I had this one in the afternoon yesterday, but noted that this would be better in the morning. It is a bit of a kick in the pants kinda tea. It has hints of muskital/mushroom. It is brisk, but the briskness is a nice flavor adding taste. It is rich and well balanced flavor. I can see why tea from this region is often used in breakfast blends.

Charissa