Congou Special Grade

Edit tea info Last updated by Charissa

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Hmm I didn't care for this tea. It just tasted really bland to me, lacking the complexity and depth of flavor I like--and come to expect--in really good black teas. There is just not much to say...” Read full tasting note
    Charissa 58 tasting notes

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

Congou is the Chinese contraction for Gong Fu – you may recognize this tea type by its alternate name – Gong Fu Cha. This China Black is grown in the mountains of Fujian province. It is an early-season, small-leafed tea that produces a rich cup of reddish-brown liquor. As its name implies, it is a terrific choice for the traditional Gong Fu Tea Service, but also performs well with conventional steeping methods.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

1 Tasting Note

Hmm I didn’t care for this tea. It just tasted really bland to me, lacking the complexity and depth of flavor I like—and come to expect—in really good black teas. There is just not much to say about it. I even tried steeping it for a shorter period of time (3 minutes instead of the typical 5) because the description said it was good for gong fu style drinking, but that didn’t change anything taste-wise. As a last resort, I finally tried cold-steeping it, and that also did not bring out anything new in terms of flavor. Oh well, I’m glad I gave it a try, though.

TeaTiff

Oh man. By the name I thought this one would be tasty.