Le Tour de France

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaTiff

• “After reading TeaTiff's review of this one not too long ago, I thought "hmm that sounds good!" and added that at the last-minute to my summer tea order at Gong Fu. What a great unexpected addition...” Read full tasting note
    Charissa 61 tasting notes
  • “I mostly drink scented/flavored teas at work. They are easy and I don't feel guilty about getting the steep time and water temperature all wrong. When I put in an order for more of my beloved...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 341 tasting notes

From Gong Fu Tea Shop

Sitting in a sidewalk café on the Champs Elysee in Paris, this special black tea blend will awaken all of your senses as you anticipate watching the final day of arguably the toughest sporting event in the world – Le Tour De France. This fruity black tea with a hint of vanilla and black currant will help you reminisce about all of the unforgettable climbs up L’Alpe d’Huez.

About Gong Fu Tea Shop View company

After reading TeaTiff’s review of this one not too long ago, I thought “hmm that sounds good!” and added that at the last-minute to my summer tea order at Gong Fu. What a great unexpected addition it turned out to be! It totally hit the spot! Full-bodied, fruity, vanilla: NAILED IT! This tea is just so satisfactory. It’s elegant, lovely, quite dashing with that nice fruity current taste (and smell! Oh the scent that this tea exudes! I seriously spent pretty much the whole five-minutes while it steeped with my nose practically plastered to the bag, inhaling the delicious aroma).

If this tea were a person, it would be that “tall, dark, and handsome”, smooth, clean-cut dashing gentleman in a spiffy black suit at a party . He’d be French, of course. And if you stand close to him under a starry sky in Paris, you are totally drawn in by the fantastic fragrance of his cologne. Ah, Paris. Ah, strong sweet fruity black tea. I am in love. (If I knew French, this is where I would insert the perfect French phrase). Okay, I know, this all is sounding pretty cliche, but this tea is not cliche. It’s just….wonderful.

The only thing wrong about it is it’s name, in my opinion. I would definitely pick something more romantic than Le Tour de France. Not that Tour de France is not a good association—it’s just that it doesn’t represent the elegance and smoothness and finery that is this tea. I would call it something along the lines of “Moonlight in Paris.” Ooh la la!

I mostly drink scented/flavored teas at work. They are easy and I don’t feel guilty about getting the steep time and water temperature all wrong. When I put in an order for more of my beloved Milk Oolong I also added 2 flavored blacks, this one and Garden Grove. I enjoyed this one the other day, and so far it is hitting me as a tea that is very similar to Paris from Harney and Sons. I will have to drink a cup side by side to be sure. I really enjoyed the base in this one and without tasting them side by side I would say that this one wins, but we shall see. This was a very enjoyable flavored tea for work!

Charissa

I really like Garden Grove! It’s a good black tea for summertime with the berries and all. I have yet to try Le Tour de France, but I just might have to pick some up the next time I go to Gong Fu. (Which should be soon, as I need to get my summer teas!)