Edit tea info Last updated by cyanidearsenic

From Good Earth Teas

Elegant, uplifting and aromatic.

We’ve combined fine black teas with notes of zesty bergamot oranges to create our version of this classic blend. Brisk and refreshing, Good Earth® Earl Grey will delight your senses from the first sip to the last.

Black tea, bergamot flavor with other natural flavors. Contains no sugar, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. A natural source of antioxidants.

About Good Earth Teas View company

I absolutely adore this tea.
Personally, I prefer Earl Grey teas to really focus on blending the bergamot with the rich black tea, which this tea does beautifully, along with the other, more classically ‘Good Earth’ spices. Particularly lovely when feeling just slightly under the weather, too.

Picked up a packet of Good Earth Earl Grey from a store’s tea basket, and I don’t think I’ll try this one again. While I love Earl Grey, this particular blend is quite citrusy and is overtaken by the bergamot. I always drink my Earl with milk, which usually smoothes out overzealous peppery tastes. This still felt astringent and strong, even for a normal steep. I would suggest a light steep to determine taste, with an additional steep if you like some face-puckering Earl Grey taste. Then again, Good Earth is noted for having very bold flavours, no?

I had to sweeten this a little but I think I may have steeped it a little much for this particular brand. I’ll have to have another cup of tea to make sure [:)]. Anyway, this is fairly good. Not my favourite earl grey but, for a bagged tea, it’s more than acceptable. It does have a definite citrus taste (not too strong) and the bergamot taste is a little stronger, in my opinion, than the Twinings Earl Grey.