Good Earth Original

Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple, Nutmeg, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by Ashe

• “Another tidbit that was included in the sampler from *KeenTeaThyme*. The dry bag smells very strongly of cinnamon. I am instantly reminded of winter and Christmas time with my grandparents, even...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “Sorry about my in-activeness recently, after my holiday to Las Vegas I have had a few minor upsets. No point in drinking my wonderful tea's if I cannot keep them down. I chose this one as it...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1159 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my all time favorite teas. It's the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It is one of those teas that you take a sip and just close your eyes and breathe in the flavor and instantly...” Read full tasting note
    MadelineAlyce 59 tasting notes
  • “This is a lovely tea. I've had the sweet & spicy herbal tea, but I don't recall ever trying the "original" with black tea. The major spice is cinnamon, but it is a nice balance of spicy flavors...” Read full tasting note
    VegTea 190 tasting notes

From Good Earth Teas

Our award-winning Good Earth® Original™ Sweet & Spicy™ Tea & Herb Blend is a deliciously full-bodied blend of tea and herbs. The rich aroma and notes of zesty California oranges will capture your senses, from the first sip to the last. Deliciously sweet, with no added sugar, honest. On hot days we think it’s amazing over ice.

About Good Earth Teas View company

When it comes to me and tea, the spicier the better. One of my favorite parts of my workday is opening my desk drawer to be greeting with the smell of cinnamon. I could conceivably just sit and sniff the bag all morning. This is my all day, every day staple. I am finding, however, that since I discovered loose tea all bagged teas taste a little artificial to me. Oh well, no matter. Not as delicious as some of the loose cinnamon teas I’ve tried, but definitely still my go-to at work where loose is not currently an option.

This is my one exception (so far) to my no mint policy. It is extremely strong, and tastes of sweet cinnamon and peppermint. There are other flavours, but they tend to become overpowered the way I drink this tea. I brew it in a thermos (just leave the tea bag in there for hours) when I go hiking or snowshoeing, as it’s a perfect pick-me-up after being out in the cold for a couple hours. Yum!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

There is a LOT of ingredients in this tea. Seems like they just threw everything in here. But the only thing I could really taste is a delicious sugary cinnamon. It was best that I could only taste the cinnamon though, since I think tasting a lot of these flavors together would be really bad.

This is a great caffeine-free alternative to chai teas. It’s spicy and sweet, which chai lovers will enjoy, but it’s herbal rather than black tea based. You can drink it at night before bed and not feel wired. It’s good plain or with cream and sugar or honey if you prefer something more rich.

A go-to delicious sweet and spicy tea in our home. I love to add a little soy milk to this and have it in the evening. Pretty tasty iced on a warm afternoon as well!

This is a tea that’s good hot or cold. No caffeine, wonderful to drink. Normally I don’t like anise at all and can taste it in everything, but in this tea it only adds! I was surprised anise was even listed in the ingredients, it’s that subtle! The ginger root adds just the right amount of bite, and since it comes in teabags is perfect for on-the-go!

Tastes pretty much like the cinnamon orange version. I looked at the ingredients and it looks like the same stuff just in different proportions. Anyway, this tea is great. If anything, it might be a little less sweet than the cinnamon orange one, but still plenty sweet. And I bought a nice value pack from costco, it was an amazing deal!

And to note, three steeps from one bag in my oversized cup. A little watery on the last one but not bad.

A very old favorite. I’ve been enjoying this cold all summer.

jamibea

Ooh, I will need to try it iced!

One of my favorite teas. I think it was this tea. Good Earth has changed things up a few times over the years. I was first introduced to this tea in January of 1998, before I completely lost my sense of smell. I drove from North Dakota to Minneapolis during some horridly bad weather. I arrived 3 hours late, exhausted from white knuckled driving and my hostess made a pot of this tea. I remember the great burst of delicious cinnamon that scented the air. Drinking it was like drinking liquid red hots. I’ve loved it ever since. Even now, when my sense of smell is completely gone, I can remember how lovely it smelled and I still enjoy it.

I consumed many gallons of the original Good Earth tea back in Boulder, Colorado, where I went to college. Way back then, there was even a restaurant by the same name which served this tea and offered free refills. Naturally, I took advantage of the policy…

I found an old box of Good Earth filterbags in my cupboard while moving and was looking forward to a steep-off with Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice, because it smells EXACTLY like my memory of Good Earth. Alas, the steep-off will have to wait, as my bags have turned stale and I had to toss the brew…

Flavors: Cinnamon