Good Earth Original

Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint, Cardamon, Maple, Nutmeg, Pepper, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Ashe

From Good Earth Teas

Our award-winning Good Earth® Original™ Sweet & Spicy™ Tea & Herb Blend is a deliciously full-bodied blend of tea and herbs. The rich aroma and notes of zesty California oranges will capture your senses, from the first sip to the last. Deliciously sweet, with no added sugar, honest. On hot days we think it’s amazing over ice.

About Good Earth Teas View company

One of my favorite teas. I think it was this tea. Good Earth has changed things up a few times over the years. I was first introduced to this tea in January of 1998, before I completely lost my sense of smell. I drove from North Dakota to Minneapolis during some horridly bad weather. I arrived 3 hours late, exhausted from white knuckled driving and my hostess made a pot of this tea. I remember the great burst of delicious cinnamon that scented the air. Drinking it was like drinking liquid red hots. I’ve loved it ever since. Even now, when my sense of smell is completely gone, I can remember how lovely it smelled and I still enjoy it.

I consumed many gallons of the original Good Earth tea back in Boulder, Colorado, where I went to college. Way back then, there was even a restaurant by the same name which served this tea and offered free refills. Naturally, I took advantage of the policy…

I found an old box of Good Earth filterbags in my cupboard while moving and was looking forward to a steep-off with Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice, because it smells EXACTLY like my memory of Good Earth. Alas, the steep-off will have to wait, as my bags have turned stale and I had to toss the brew…

Flavors: Cinnamon

My favorite bagged tea in the whole wide world! Sweet, rich, and mildly spicy. It seems impossible to make it too concentrated too, it’s always just right.

This is a favorite for me. I used to drink it with my mom on our back patio, and visit with her about all manner of things. It is rich, sweet, citrus-y, and smells wonderfully spicy. I like it very hot, with honey if my throat is sore.

I have to change my original rating. The more I sipped this tea the less I liked it. While looking at the teas that Walmart carries, my eyes were drawn to this tea. Thought I’d give it a shot. You win some; you lose some. This was a loss.

Complex, spicy and sweet, this stuff is great. While it doesn’t carry the same heaviness as other traditional black teas do, don’t be mistaken into thinking it’s weak, because it certainly isn’t!

So good! Have a POW! Of flavor and I find this tea really tasty. I will continue drinking this tea that’s for sure!

Pretty disgusting. No matter how long or how little I steep it, the aftertaste makes me gag, and after I’ve drunk any my mouth feels almost like it’s coated in some kind of film. This may honestly be the worst tea I’ve ever had. It put me off trying any other Good Earth teas for a long time.

this tea is intense. not in a good way, not in a bad way. just… intense. that’s not saying i don’t like it, because i do. but i really have to be in the right mood for it. usually that “mood” involves whiskey, because this tea is hands down the best hot toddy tea out there.

I enjoy this tisane very much. I don’t need to add anything to the cup in order to enjoy. I love to pair this with Lindt Intense Orange Dark Chocolate with almonds. Yum!