Good Earth Original

Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple, Nutmeg, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by Ashe

• “Another tidbit that was included in the sampler from *KeenTeaThyme*. The dry bag smells very strongly of cinnamon. I am instantly reminded of winter and Christmas time with my grandparents, even...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “Sorry about my in-activeness recently, after my holiday to Las Vegas I have had a few minor upsets. No point in drinking my wonderful tea's if I cannot keep them down. I chose this one as it...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1162 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my all time favorite teas. It's the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It is one of those teas that you take a sip and just close your eyes and breathe in the flavor and instantly...” Read full tasting note
    MadelineAlyce 59 tasting notes
  • “This is a lovely tea. I've had the sweet & spicy herbal tea, but I don't recall ever trying the "original" with black tea. The major spice is cinnamon, but it is a nice balance of spicy flavors...” Read full tasting note
    VegTea 190 tasting notes

From Good Earth Teas

Our award-winning Good Earth® Original™ Sweet & Spicy™ Tea & Herb Blend is a deliciously full-bodied blend of tea and herbs. The rich aroma and notes of zesty California oranges will capture your senses, from the first sip to the last. Deliciously sweet, with no added sugar, honest. On hot days we think it’s amazing over ice.

About Good Earth Teas View company

My favorite bagged tea in the whole wide world! Sweet, rich, and mildly spicy. It seems impossible to make it too concentrated too, it’s always just right.

This is a favorite for me. I used to drink it with my mom on our back patio, and visit with her about all manner of things. It is rich, sweet, citrus-y, and smells wonderfully spicy. I like it very hot, with honey if my throat is sore.

I have to change my original rating. The more I sipped this tea the less I liked it. While looking at the teas that Walmart carries, my eyes were drawn to this tea. Thought I’d give it a shot. You win some; you lose some. This was a loss.

Complex, spicy and sweet, this stuff is great. While it doesn’t carry the same heaviness as other traditional black teas do, don’t be mistaken into thinking it’s weak, because it certainly isn’t!

So good! Have a POW! Of flavor and I find this tea really tasty. I will continue drinking this tea that’s for sure!

Pretty disgusting. No matter how long or how little I steep it, the aftertaste makes me gag, and after I’ve drunk any my mouth feels almost like it’s coated in some kind of film. This may honestly be the worst tea I’ve ever had. It put me off trying any other Good Earth teas for a long time.

this tea is intense. not in a good way, not in a bad way. just… intense. that’s not saying i don’t like it, because i do. but i really have to be in the right mood for it. usually that “mood” involves whiskey, because this tea is hands down the best hot toddy tea out there.

I enjoy this tisane very much. I don’t need to add anything to the cup in order to enjoy. I love to pair this with Lindt Intense Orange Dark Chocolate with almonds. Yum!

I easily go through a box of this tea a week. My parents have been drinking this tea for the last 25 years, so it is in my genes to be also addicted to it. I always recommend it to people who are trying to get of drinking sugar drinks. It’s such a rich tea, I don’t even think I have ever drank it hot! It’s so good cold! I like a small simmer to the water, since I think boiling the water gives it an off flavor.

My favorite part of this tea is how sweet it is!

8 min or more

One of my all time favorites. The cinnamon flavor is so spicy yet sweet.