Matcha Maker

Green Tea
Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Adeline

• “I need to learn to buy tea based on its ingredient list rather than the front of the box... this tea's name and the blurb on the front make it sound like it's a matcha (or at least a generic green...” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1105 tasting notes
  • “this tea is so, so sweet. not a fan. almost an orange syrup kind of flavor. would not recommend. i'm not sure if i'll be able to finish the other 19 bags :-/” Read full tasting note
    lindsayindsay 2 tasting notes
  • “There's nothing bad i can say about this tea! I went to the store with plans to but straight matcha but it was 50 dollars and not in the budget for me, right now. This tea has matcha in it, lo at...” Read full tasting note
    eringreen 1 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea but the sweetness is starting to wear on me, pushing it further down my list. I chose it today to accompany a ham sandwich, feeling that the sweetness would add a sort of "school...” Read full tasting note
    lampbane 76 tasting notes

From Good Earth

ABOUT THIS BLEND
If your body is your temple, what does that make your taste buds? With Matcha Maker™, you don’t have to sacrifice one for the other. Blended with goodness of matcha and bright bursts of citrus flavors, this tea takes care of temple and taste.

INGREDIENTS
Green tea, licorice root, orange peel, chamomile, orange oil, natural flavor, ginger root, natural orange flavor with other natural flavors, lime oil, citric acid, steviol glycosides (stevia), matcha green tea, tea extract.

About Good Earth View company

I need to learn to buy tea based on its ingredient list rather than the front of the box… this tea’s name and the blurb on the front make it sound like it’s a matcha (or at least a generic green tea that includes matcha) with orange flavoring, when in fact it’s more of a green/herbs/flavors blend with a hint of matcha near the end of the ingredient list. At least it was only a few dollars.

It smells… weird. Not much like tea, I think it’s the combination of licorice and chamomile that contribute the most to the scent, making it reminiscent of those herbal blends that are sold as something to drink when you’re sick. Only weirder, I’m not sure how else to describe it because it’s not entirely like any other tea I’ve had before. It tastes more or less like it smells, only way sweeter than I’m used to — must be the stevia! I wish this wasn’t pre-sweetened, I don’t think the flavor combo works with this high level of sweetness.

That said, I find this tea pretty drinkable, I suppose the strangeness gives it an unexpected charm. I wouldn’t buy it again or recommend it, but I’ll finish it.

(And no, it doesn’t taste like matcha.)

this tea is so, so sweet. not a fan. almost an orange syrup kind of flavor. would not recommend. i’m not sure if i’ll be able to finish the other 19 bags :-/

There’s nothing bad i can say about this tea! I went to the store with plans to but straight matcha but it was 50 dollars and not in the budget for me, right now. This tea has matcha in it, lo at the bottom of the list but it has a handful of other healthy and yummy ingredients, too. Plus, it was only 5 dollars. It is not bitter like green tea normally is. I appreciate that it comes presweetened with stevia and it is not too sweet. Delish!

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

I like this tea but the sweetness is starting to wear on me, pushing it further down my list. I chose it today to accompany a ham sandwich, feeling that the sweetness would add a sort of “school lunch” feel to my meal.

Flavors: Sweet