Tea for Digestion

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was craving licorice this evening and happened upon a bag of Good Earth Tea for Digestion. It appears to be one of the last of a collection of Good Earth herbal infusions which I had acquired a...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 892 tasting notes

From Good Earth

Pharmaceutical quality herbal tea.

Ingredients: Anise seed, Fennel seed, Peppermint leaf, Licorice root, Boldo leaf, Yarrow herb

About Good Earth View company

1 Tasting Note

I was craving licorice this evening and happened upon a bag of Good Earth Tea for Digestion. It appears to be one of the last of a collection of Good Earth herbal infusions which I had acquired a while back. I had purchased several boxes, including Tea for Flu, Tea for Colds, Tea for Tension, and this one.

Tea for Digestion offers a triple dose of licorice flavor, featuring not only licorice root (which is pretty common in herbal teas), but also anise seed and fennel seed. These blends are all 100% natural and based on recipes from “Father Kuenzle”, an herbalist from Switzerland. So now Good Earth produces them, boasting of 100 years of success in providing “relief to European families.”

This blend has a strong fennel flavor, much stronger than the licorice (which is the fourth ingredient) or the anise (which is the second ingredient). Basically you must appreciate the scent and taste of fennel seed to be able to stomach this brew. I like it, so I do.

Does this blend alleviate indigestion? That would be an added benefit, though I myself have primarily consumed Tea for Digestion as a source of fennel/anise/licorice flavor in a hot beverage. I think that I really prefer licorice to fennel, so I probably won’t buy this one again.

Boiling 8 min or more