Green Tea Hysson

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Leonor

2 Images

From Gorreana

Plantações de Chá Gorreana is a tea plantation in the Azores, Portugal.

Gorreana’s single estate organic green tea, grown on the island of Sao Miguel (known as the green island) off the European coast, is a unique premium green tea that indulges even the most sophisticated palates. Green tea can be enjoyed as an afternoon tea up to a evening tea, since it is naturally low in caffeine and rich in both amino acids and antioxidants. So, enjoy a cup of Gorreana’s single estate green tea today, and taste why it’s the only place in Europe green tea has been grown for over 125 years!

About Gorreana View company

Awesome! This is Hysson? I had a really REALLY bad Hysson in the past, so bad that it made me grimace when I received this Hysson… I was worried that this would be just as horrible as the last. Boy was I wrong!

This is delightful. Really delightful. Sweet, hints of apple-y sweet/tartness and a roasted nut taste in the distance. Light grassy taste, very light. A very rich and almost creamy kind of texture to it. Really, really good.

TeaEqualsBliss

Ironically I had the same wonder…as I, too, had a back Hysson experience in the past but I agree this one is GRAND :)

seule771

We have all had bad experiences with tea; mine was with a Jasmine Green tea and I have yet to try another. That being said, no Hysson experience as yet. Not sure what Hysson is. Don’t mean Hiccups ;-).

I think I am being ribbed and fell for it. I have been warned enough about posting etiquette. Thanks.

Canary

Maybe the tea you had before is a Hyson tea? http://bodzablog.freeblog.hu/files/hyson%20aj%C3%A1nd%C3%A9k.jpg. Which is very different from a Hysson tea, as this tea is made by Gorreana in the Azores and Hysson is just the name of their green tea, while Hyson is a Chinese company.

LiberTEAS

@Matt Gelowitz: No, I actually had a Hysson green tea, not from Gorreana, but, from another company (not Hyson company).

Canary

Hmm, I see. I was under the impression that Hysson was a Gorreana specific brand name, and not a type of green tea. Sorry about that.

LiberTEAS

OK… scratch my previous comments. When I first received this tea from Gorreana, I thought it was the same tea as Young Hyson, which is a Chinese green tea. So, when I said “this is Hysson?” I was referring to my experience with Young Hyson, but not Hyson from Hyson Tea Company. I probably thought that Hysson was the same as Young Hyson, since the names are so similar, and I must have wrongfully thought that Hysson was merely Gorreana’s name for their tea since it is technically grown in a different region than the classic Young Hyson. My mistake.

Too many Hys(s)ons!!!

The rest via swaps! Be on the look-out!!

This tea is so cool. I had no idea there was Azorean tea!

This tastes really good. I have to imagine that being grown on one island in the middle of the ocean, nearly a thousand miles away from any continent makes for good growing. It’s light, but it’s still got this sweet, tart taste to it, like apples almost.

It’s also a bit floral, or something perfume-like, but not in any sort of overwhelming fashion. It’s very nice to drink right now while I pretend to study but am actually learning more about Azores. It is an international trade final, so it fits in there somehow.

Thanks for sending me plenty of this, TeaEqualsBliss!

SIPDOWN! Thanks to LiberTEAS for this sample!

Aww, here’s another one I let sit too long. Very little flavor left in this. Too bad. Again, I’ll just give this the current average rating here on Steepster.

The leaves were interesting as there were quite a few bits of twig in there. I haven’t seen that before. It was probably 30% twigs and 70% leaves. Now if only I knew what it tasted like. :( I’m a bad swap buddy.

This is the first time I taste this tea. A very herbal flavor, with a beautiful scent. I would recommend it for an afternoon snack.

Nice Organic Green Tea. Taste’s fresh and cleans the palates.

I love this tea. I’ve never bought it but it’s my no. 1 choice at one of my local tea houses (in Portugal). It’s very fresh, and as with most teas I drink it unsweetened.

My mom always brings tea back from the Azores for me. Drinking this one with some lemon & honey cuz I have teh sick.