Formosa Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Grace Tea Company

Formosa Oolong Supreme is an extra special tea, hand-picked on small estates in the northern regions of Formosa only once a year, when flavor is at its peak. This is a tea that can be enjoyed in large quantities without jading the palate, and so it is a particular favorite with Oriental cuisine. Professional tea tasters regard it as the “champagne of teas” because of a delicate taste and remarkable fragrance
that are often likened to ripe peaches.

About Grace Tea Company View company

Sip down! Wow, this feels like a landmark for me, because this very tin is the first oolong I ever bought.

Grace Rare Tea Company does not disappoint. They don’t have a huge catalog because they chose to specialize and committed themselves to finding the best they could of a few types of tea. They have done that very well.

My weekly tea guest who started out as a lover of black tea is very fond of this one. I will most likely restock it one day, but for now I am removing it from my cupboard simply because I have so much tea. I really have reached a point where my own tea collection is a little overwhelming to me, partly because I feel like there are so many things I need to be drinking, but I am always wanting to try something new.

I have given away one box and one bag of teas just to try to gain control of the stash but more needs to be done. I think a weekend long sample sip down is in order, too!

Formosa Oolong – au revoir! Until we meet again!

And it’s another TeaEqualsBliss tea! Yay!

This one is smooth, mild, woody and a little fruity sweet. Peach is the closest fruit flavor I can associate it with but it’s a little milder and… more fibrous than a typical peach. It’s very typically ‘tea’ tasting with some added light, sweet notes (peach and maybe honey) and faint, woody notes.

Not my typical oolong but still a nice darker one and I like the fact that it doesn’t make me think of cigars. The rating totally reflects my personal tea tastes, not the quality of this one because it is quite nice.
10g/20oz

Smooth with woodsy undertones. Very nice, indeed! The vibrant sunny brown color of the liquid is very pretty, too! No much for scent but it sure is tasty!

It’s sweet – I almost wanted to ask the wife if she put sugar in it. It’s not overly sweet – but much more than I expected. It has a hint of Darjeeling like dryness/sharpness at the end – but is smoother. A bit earth. I could drink a lot of this.