Flowery Jasmine Before The Rain

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LadyDanio

From Grace Tea Company

Each year we carefully select our Jasmine base tea from the finest pouchong teas available from China. These leaves have been picked at their flavor peak in the spring, traditionally before the rain and the period of fastest growth. Our selection is then held with the utmost of care until summer, when the most remarkable Jasmine flowers are available for blending. It is indeed a tea of teas’ fine, delicate and aromatic. We suggest our Flowery Jasmine Before the Rain be served in the afternoon and at special occasions, when its particular virtues can be appreciated.

Previously known simply as “Before the Rain Jasmine.”

About Grace Tea Company View company

I should have gone to bed a long time ago, but it has been a weird weekend. I took a nap this afternoon and that is probably monkeying with me. I didn’t eat supper but just snacked on walnuts and drank some chocolate milk. So at 3 am I decide it is a good time to continue watching movies with the (college) kids and heat up a plate of Asian buffet leftovers. Probably not smart.

I wanted a nice green to go with it, and this was close at hand and fit the bill. I don’t remember how I made it before, but I was in a hurry and just gave it about 90 seconds at 180F. It came out really well and is great with my food. Now I am going to absolutely CRASH and yet I have to get up early to take care of the chickens. Maybe another nap will be in order tomorrow!

Absolutely delightful.

It smells wonderful, it tastes wonderful. Everything I want from a Jasmine. I like that the base is a pouchong, it feels softer. A very beautiful tea.

Nicole

What a lovely name for a tea.

ashmanra

I was looking at this yesterday in the tea shop, now I am kicking myself for not buying it.

LiberTEAS

@Ashmanra: I really like this one, the jasmine is soft and sweet and wonderful. I wish I had more!

I can’t think of much to say about this one at the moment but it’s fairly good. Not much of a Jasmine aftertaste which I can appreciate :)

ashmanra

I am drinking a jasmine black right now and I don’t taste any tea! Just flowers….I want to try this one. I have a few teas by Grace Rare and love them.

Smells very floral and very delicate. And the smell is not misleading. This is a floral and delicate brew. Wonderful jasmine taste, smooth and light.