Wu Yi Rock Oolong - Da Hong Pao Select

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

1 Tasting Note View all

From Grace Tea Company

Perhaps the best known rock tea from the Wu Yi Mountains of the Chinese Fujian province, this tea is a rare find. Able to grow on the rocky mountain ledges, this Da Hong Pao Oolong is a highly oxidized Oolong whose large, twisted leaves have a unique black appearance. It brews an amber cup that almost startles with its dramatic aroma and smooth, clean finish.

About Grace Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a new offering from Grace. The leaves are fairly long and are sturdy and dark in color. It infuses to a light brown color but still “see-thru”.

It smells a bit woodsy and a bit smoky…with a touch of ‘rock’ or ‘mineral’ type aroma. (Like if you were to smell a rock in a stream, almost…c’mon…I know it’s weird…but I know you know what I am talking about!!!! You’ve smelled a rock before, haven’t you?)

The taste is mellower than other Wuiyi Rock oolongs I have tried strength-wise but the taste is better than others I have tried. It’s sweeter than others and less “rock-tasting/mineral-tasting”. It’s on the verge of a Formosa, too, which I really like! It’s pretty sweet and from start to finish has nice mouth-swirling potential!

I really like this! It’s dandy!