Premium Bi Lu Chun

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

From Grand Tea

Premium Bi Lu Chun
Bi Lu Chun is one of the most famous Green tea in China, it means “Green Spring Snail” in Chinese and is named by an emperor in seventeenth century by its look. GrandTea.com’s Bi Luo Chun ( Pi Lo Chun , Bi Lu Chun) is first class Green Tea comes from Suzhou province in China. To product this tea, the leafs and buds are picked by skilled hands one by one in the early spring. The tea has almost no broken leafs and the shape is so called “one bud two leafs” which is an ideal shape of the best quality green tea. Taste, and aftertaste is light, sweet and pleasant with a hint of fruity fragrance. This Bi Lou Chun is limited produced and will only be available in a limited time each year. Preparation of this tea need to do with care. General tips are use one tablespoon or 3-4 grams of tea leaves for every 160 ml water. The temperature should be 75-80 °C with a steeping time 1-3 minute depend on the desired strength.

About Grand Tea View company

This was very light (and I mean v-e-r-y; prep recommends a tablespoon and I had to turn the bag inside out to make a full teaspoon) and cereally. First verbal imprint when I tasted was “rice water.” Had I made it properly, though, probably would’ve been a nice variety for those who prefer green tea that tastes less green.

Backlog:

I’m not sure if this “Premium” Bi Lu Chun is the same as the “Supreme” Bi Lu Chun that I tried a couple of months ago: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/07/09/supreme-bi-lu-chun-green-tea-from-grand-tea/ but I decided to put my tasting note here rather than start a whole new entry for “Supreme” Bi Lu Chun.

This is a top notch Bi Lu Chun. A really intense sweetness with light vegetal notes and a butter like note. A sweet nutty tone is in the distance, along with hints of fruit and flower. Overall, the cup is quite delicate and just … really lovely!