Organic Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gillyflower

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This matcha was a bit darker than I like my matcha to be. The overall taste has a bitterness that doesn’t align so well with the vegetable taste that matcha has already. I was able to try...” Read full tasting note
    Proust614 539 tasting notes

From Green Hill Tea

Matcha is made from shade-grown tea leaves also used to make gyokuro. The preparation of matcha starts several weeks before harvest, when the tea bushes are covered to prevent direct sunlight. This slows down growth, turns the leaves a darker shade of green and causes the production of amino acids that make the resulting tea sweeter. Only the finest tea buds are hand picked. After harvesting, if the leaves are rolled out before drying as usual, the result will be gyokuro (jade dew) tea. However, if the leaves are laid out flat to dry, they will crumble somewhat and become known as tencha (碾茶). Tencha can then be de-veined, de-stemmed, and stone ground to the fine, bright green, talc-like powder known as matcha.]

About Green Hill Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This matcha was a bit darker than I like my matcha to be. The overall taste has a bitterness that doesn’t align so well with the vegetable taste that matcha has already. I was able to try this a few times and decide that it was on to the next matcha and say goodbye to this one.