Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

From Green Mountain Tea

Origin: India, Assam

Type: Black Tea

Range: Loose Leaf Tea

Taste: A tasty balanced cup of tea. Distinctive aroma and flavour from beragmot orange oil.

Description: This is a superior assam from selected estates, hand picked and carefully manufactured giving a delicious balanced cup with a distinctive bergamont flavour.

Brewing Instructions: Infuse one tablespoon per cup / per person.

Water temperature: Near boiling for three to five minutes. Be careful not to steep the tea for too long or it may become bitter. Especially when preparing white teas, green tea, oolong and black teas. Always consider the recommended steep or brew times as a maximum amount of time you should steep the tea. For stronger tea, increase the amount of tea, but not the steep time.

Reinfuse: Suitable for several infusions.

Packaging: Our teas are packed in resealable aluminium pouches. Teas need to be stored in a cool dark place.

UK tested: We import our teas directly from trusted growers to the UK. They are then tested in the UK (unlike teas from foreign suppliers) and are pesticide free.

About Green Mountain Tea View company

My husband is off work this week to use up his remaining holiday before it gets renewed next month. That means we can have our usual pot of tea this morning which is a ritual that I love. So I opened my cupboard and found this Earl Grey first. It’s a little smoother and tastier than I remembered but not enough for me to change the rating. Still it’s cheap and cheerful.

Today’s agenda? No idea :/

Barbara

Those days without agenda are the best!!

From the EU TTB

This was my pre-bedtime cup. I have a big interview coming up this week, which I’m already starting to stress about. For some reason, Earl Grey always helps me to calm down. I think it’s the scent of the bergamot, even though bergamot isn’t my favourite thing most of the time. It works, anyway, and that’s all I’m looking for right now. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk.

I quite like this one. The bergamot is a little sharper to taste than I would usually go for, but the milk helps to take that down a little. The black base is smooth and strong, with pleasant citrus notes of its own – maybe a ceylon. It’s not the most unique tea out there, and it’s not the best earl grey I’ve ever tried, but it’s a pretty solid example. I’d keep this one around for evenings when I feel a bit deranged – it certainly helped me to get off to sleep!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Christina

Good luck on your interview! What will you be interviewing for?

Rosehips

Good Luck! Drink lots of calming tea.

Scheherazade

Admissions Officer, but not where I currently work. It would be a new, unknown place…plus it’s three grades above my current job. I didn’t actually believe when I applied that I’d be offered an interview, and now I’m a bit scared!