Honey Black Tea

Honey, Raisins, Caramel, Chocolate, Sour, Baked Bread, Dried Fruit, Malt, Plums, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Apricot, Butter, Creamy, Custard, Floral, Grain, Oats, Peach, Vanilla, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Green Terrace Teas

• “*Marzipan* was generous enough to send me a sample of this one. I've been dying to try it since I keep reading all these tasting notes raving about it! I chose all oolongs for my free samples, and...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 438 tasting notes
  • “I'm not a hundred percent sure what I did to this tea to make it hate my tastebuds. I resteeped and tried it on a different day to see if maybe I was at fault, with much the same result. There's...” Read full tasting note
    Beorhthraefn 14 tasting notes
  • “I ordered a sample a while back at the 50% off sale, and I'm just getting around to trying it. This tea is quite nice. Just the right amount of malty. It does taste like honey. Yum.” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 486 tasting notes
  • “This is a pretty mild tea for a black tea. I thought I would like it more based on all the favorable reviews, but it didn't make a strong impression on me. Not sure I am crazy about tea that tastes...” Read full tasting note
    Cherabee 30 tasting notes

From Green Terrace Teas

This all-natural, handcrafted black tea is a deliciously sweet and smooth delight. It has a wonderful natural honey flavor and light nutty caramel aftertaste that lingers pleasantly in the back of your throat. This tea is sweet, rich and complex, with notes of peach and plum and almost no bitterness or astringency. Like all other black teas, Honey Black is a fully oxidized tea which gives it a bit more caffeine than its green and oolong counterparts. Drink pure – your friends will be amazed that no honey was added to their cup.

Chinese Name: 蜜香紅茶

Origin/ Harvest: Yuchi Township, Nantou County, Taiwan 台灣南投縣魚池鄉 / Spring 2014

Purchase @ www.greenterraceteas.com

About Green Terrace Teas View company

Marzipan was generous enough to send me a sample of this one. I’ve been dying to try it since I keep reading all these tasting notes raving about it!
I chose all oolongs for my free samples, and didn’t even really think of choosing black teas. Which was clearly a mistake since everyone seemed to love their black teas. So I’m super happy someone was willing to send me a sample!
The name definitely doesn’t lie!
The only other flavor I taste in this tea other than honey is a little bit of raisin, which is kinda odd. xD But it’s a pretty tasty tea! :D I can understand the hype finally.
Thanks for the sample again, Marzipan! :D

Flavors: Honey, Raisins

I’m not a hundred percent sure what I did to this tea to make it hate my tastebuds. I resteeped and tried it on a different day to see if maybe I was at fault, with much the same result. There’s definitely chocolate notes, and the dry leaf smell isn’t super fragrant, but it is lovely with sweet undertones. However, upon brewing this up and taking a sip, honey was not the first thing that I detected. Instead there was a strange, almost pickled flavor to it that was, frankly, not at all appetizing. I don’t know if this is some twisted play on the sweet potato notes that other people have mentioned, or if I completely missed the steeping parameters when I made it. Whatever the case, it was a far cry from my previous experience with Green Terrace Tea’s extraordinary Shan Lin Xi Oolong.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Sour

I ordered a sample a while back at the 50% off sale, and I’m just getting around to trying it.

This is a pretty mild tea for a black tea. I thought I would like it more based on all the favorable reviews, but it didn’t make a strong impression on me. Not sure I am crazy about tea that tastes of sweet potato.

8 OZ / 236 ML

I was going to wait a while to dig into my Green Terrace teas, as the sample sizes don’t come in resealable packaging, and I’m still waiting on my resealable bags. But I was feeling in need of a new black tea and this one looked very tempting.

The dry leaf smells amazing. It’s very fruity, with notes of plum and raisin and other dried fruits. The leaf is long, dark and twisted.

Steeped, the leaves are whole and almost two inches long, with a few twigs. It smells very fruit, in that rich, dried autumn fruit way.

It’s quite pleasantly sweet. There are notes of raisins, plum, honey and baked bread. The finish is nice and malty. Body is middle of the road – not thin but not too thick, a bit creamy and no astringency.

This isn’t a remarkable tea but it is very nice and quite tasty.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dried Fruit, Honey, Malt, Plums, Raisins, Sweet

Oh my. Vanilla and honey and bread and yeast and fruit and wow. This is deeply sweet and definitely a honey sweet. There is a honey aftertaste as well. The dry leaf smells UH-MAZING and the steeped tea is the same. This makes me so happy I put aside my “no more tea until September” idea and got this on their sale. There will need to be more of this tea.

Well, this tea is certainly tasty. Unfortunately, I am in a surly mood now, having placed my order from this company three times and just been told that I have to place it again.

WHAT?????????????

Cheri

I think they’ve got it fixed now. My last order went through. It is frustrating, though.

Just getting around to trying out this black tea. I almost didn’t brew it this morning. Wanted to go for my ol’ familiar greens. So glad I brewed it up. It’s delicious. This the 2nd black tea from Green Terrace Teas I’ve loved and I don’t normally like black teas!!! It has an aroma like fresh baked bread. Plum sweet taste. Like sweet potatoes too. Very smooth and a bit light for a black tea (another reason I love it). With black teas like this I could very well become a black tea lover.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Honey, Plums, Sweet Potatoes

1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Another tea from before the tea kettle breakage:
Thank you Green Terrace for the generous samples! All three of the teas sound divine and I’m so sorry it has taken this long to review them. I’ve been ‘tea busy’ and I wanted to do a decent job reviewing them. These leaves the wiriest and longest tea leaves I’ve ever seen! The leaves make me expect a dark brew, but I think the name of the tea does a good job of changing my expectations. At first I thought the leaves had the fragrance of sweet plums, then raisins then I thought PRUNES. I used two teaspoons of leaves (really 2 1/2 to make up for how wirey they are).

Steep #1 // 10 min after boiling // 2 min
The cup has the fragrance of buttery sweet butternut squash. The light amber colored cup has the flavor of subtle squash but it also is very much like sweet potatoes. It’s almost like a golden Yunnan without the chocolate notes, but that is such an odd comparison since the leaves here are black and the leaves of a golden Yunnan are gold. I would think the black leaves would have the chocolate notes. But the honey description is accurate. As the cup cools, there is even more honey.

Steep #2 // 8 min after boiling // 3 min
Another cup that almost tastes exactly the same as the first. I’m a little surprised. More squash and sweet potato, which I don’t think many other people are mentioning so far. The flavor is light yet very delicious, something I could definitely crave for a change of pace every once in a while.
GreenTerraceTeas.com

This tea.

It’s nice enough, but next to the intensity of the Li Shan Black, this tea feels watery and almost bland. It is very gentle and sweet, and would be good for people who aren’t really into black teas. It reminds me of a mild, sweet Yunnan black. Delicious, but totally not my thing.

I… love Assams. Strong, dark, rich, malty Assams. So the Li Shan Black with its intensity and carbiness (ugh, how else to describe?) just works better for me.

Definitely give this one a try, but if you like black teas make sure you try the other one as well. :)

woot woot yay!