Barberry garden

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Serge in Darkness

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've never tasted anything barberry-flavored before, but hey, normally if it's berry anything I'm down for it. I didn't realize when I bought it that it had the devil weed, hibiscus, in the...” Read full tasting note
    Orphia 35 tasting notes

From Greenfield

Product description not available yet.

About Greenfield View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve never tasted anything barberry-flavored before, but hey, normally if it’s berry anything I’m down for it.

I didn’t realize when I bought it that it had the devil weed, hibiscus, in the blend. I hate hibiscus; I find its flavor obnoxiously strong and its presence in so many teas proof that some cosmic entity out there hates me. But I’d already spent money on it and opened the package, so I figured I’d give it a shot. The dry blend smelled nice, so I had some hopes for it. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. I brewed some up, took a sip, and…

‘HI ORPHIA I’M HIBISCUS. :D :D :D’ Yep. There it is, overshadowing the much more pleasant fruity taste in the background that I assume is the barberry. A shame, because I like the berry taste, but it’s hard to get over the pushy hibiscus, as usual. The berry flavor makes the hibiscus tolerable, but only barely. I finished the cup, at least.

Maybe it’ll be better iced, I don’t know. Whatever the case, I doubt I’ll be buying this again.