Tropical Marvel

Fruit Green Blend
Apple Pieces, Black Currant, Ginger, Green Tea, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Pineapple Piece
Pineapple
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Chi Chieko

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The package suggests brewing for 7-10 minutes. That is way too long since this is a green tea. That amount of time seems to be needed to hydrate the pieces of fruit. But then the tea is too bitter...” Read full tasting note
    paizley 6 tasting notes

From Greenfield

Excellent Chinese green tea with ginger, pineapple and pineapple flavoring.
Ingredients:green tea, black currant leaves, dry apple, lemon sorgo, ginger, pineapple pieces, pineapple flavouring.

About Greenfield View company

1 Tasting Note

The package suggests brewing for 7-10 minutes. That is way too long since this is a green tea. That amount of time seems to be needed to hydrate the pieces of fruit. But then the tea is too bitter and overpowers the fruit flavor. I found it worked best with a 3-minute brewing time. I will try letting the tea soak in cool water first. This should help with getting a more even flavor distribution by hydrating the fruit pieces without the tea overpowering the subtle fruit flavors. Ok, just tried that. I think the green tea is just bitter. No joy!

I can’t taste the ginger in this tea. The pineapple flavor stands out and I believe it’s because of the added pineapple flavoring. I tasted the pieces of dried apple/pineapple and they were essentially tasteless. I have tried 3 of Greenfield’s teas and I haven’t been overly impressed. The packaging and descriptions are nice but the teas just aren’t great. I like my teas without sweetener or milk. This may be a good tea with lots of honey and milk but if I have to do that to make a tea taste “good”, then I really don’t need that tea.

Just to add, I bought my teas on sale. They were discontinued. The store told me the Greenfield teas were not good sellers. Would I recommend this tea? Kind of a yes/no/maybe kind of thing.

Flavors: Pineapple