Assam Smoked Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Grey's Teas

Having a big, tippy, curly leaf, this is a most unusual and aromatic oolong from India’s northern Assam region. It is produced using the semi fermented oolong process and is smoked with an oak-like wood, unlike the pinewood used for lapsang souchong. Its aroma is unique. Brew for three minutes and drink without milk. A most worthy tea best, but we must admit confusingly, placed in this section!

About Grey's Teas View company

This isn’t smoked like a Lapsang Souchong but it’s a gentle smoke – like from a distance. It’s nice. The flavor is very good…sweet, oak-like, somewhat near a formosa oolong type oolong. I will agree this is a unique smoked aroma and flavor. I don’t think I have ever had a smoked tea be this memorable. YAY! A great offering!

Backlog:

Smoky but not so smoky that I’m overwhelmed by the aroma the moment I open the pouch. It’s not an off-putting, strong smoked essence.

An interesting cuppa … Fruit notes (plum and peach), together with the smoky notes and notes of flower. While it would seem that there are so many unique Oolong teas out there, this is definitely one of the most unusual ones that I tried, and I really liked it a lot.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/19/assam-smoked-oolong-tea-greys-teas/