Earl Grey Lavender

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

From Gryphon Tea Company

Black tea with oil of bergamot and lavender.

Character: Medium-bodied. Brisk liquor with bergamot taste

Aroma: Light citrusy-floral on the nose

Origin: Ceylon

Brewing temperature:

About Gryphon Tea Company View company

This is my first lavender tea ! Thank you so much LaFleurBleue for sharing it with me.
we are first hit by a wonderful scent of lavender, I mean a real true lavender exactly like the one you can smell everywhere in Provence (or in the grand’ma’s armory ;) ) this is really enjoyable.

Again, I love the high quality muslin sachet of this brand…so perfect that none tea leaf manage to pass though !

the tea base is pleasant and really good but I was thinking it may have been a little bit stronger – but it’s perfect like that either.

The taste of lavender is absolutely lovely.
While cooling, the tea becomes stronger and different but the wonderful taste & scent of lavender remains intact.

A very lovely tea

I’m glad that you liked it. I still haven’t compared it directly to MF Earl Grey Provence, but I tend to believe this one might be better.

unfortunately I don’t have yet Earl Grey Provence but sure I need to try it

Another GTC tea from Treasures variety box! It’s also the last bag I have for this flavour…

I know everybody has different preference, but it’s hard for me to believe that there are ppl who don’t like a beautiful tea like this. It’s quite a strong tea but it’s “feminized” by a generous amount of bergamot and lavender. When I picked up my cup, I thought I was holding a bouquet of lavender! The floral fragrance was natural and very calming, and it took a cup of fairly good Earl Grey to an even higher level. Lovely.

I loved this one really,it’s a very elegant tea.

I have had a few more bags of this one (for which I bought a complete box, in addition to the 2 teabags from the Treasure box). The more I drink it, the more I like it and find it the perfect Earl Grey, that I want to drink again and again.
And I’m so impressed by the number of steeps possible with one single tea-bag.
Very expensive, but it’s worth while at least a try. The best blend from Gryphon with Nymph of the Nile, to my opinion.
My husband also liked it a lot and asked for more, while usually he just finishes the first cup or regularly even does not finish it.

Not my favourite earl grey blend but it does nicely if you like your earl grey slightly stronger, with a ‘burnt’ taste.

Whilst this drop is enjoyable I think it’s unremarkable. I agree that competing herbs seem to dull the effect of each other. Perhaps the ratio could be adjusted by Gryphon.

I’m the odd anomaly here as the herby-bergamot pairing seemed “off” to me & like both were trying to overpower each other. But tt’s just my personal taste I guess.

A new favourite!!

This is, without a doubt, the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had. Nothing else even comes close. Not being able to purchase this in the USA is a tragedy.