Marrakesh Mint

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

From Gryphon Tea Company

Formerly known as Moroccan Mint, this is an invigorating blend of green tea and mint.

Character: Medium bodies. Dark coppery brew with fresh minty flavor

Aroma: Soothing and cool

Origin: China

Brewing temperature:

About Gryphon Tea Company View company

I have been obsessed with anything Moroccan lately! I am browsing accommodation in Marrakesh and drinking this tea at the same time. ;D The tea is actually different from traditional Moroccan mint tea because it contains lemongrass and is not sugared, but being not exactly Moroccan doesn’t stop me from loving it! I absolutely enjoy the lemongrass + mint combination; it makes the tea doubly refreshing and soothing! This is my ideal night time tea as it cleanses my palate, helps me relax and gets me ready for bed. :)

I love researching travel locations too. My next trip will be to either Peru or India!

Peru and India are great travel destinations, Stephanie! I hope I can visit them in the next few years too. But I have too many destinations in mind haha… Bhutan is one of the top priorities on my list! ;)

Pleasant and refreshing, with a nice Mint taste, that really reminded me of mint leaves, not freshly plucked from the plant but with no fake mint chewing-gum taste. I did not really find the lemongrass, though I’ll try looking for it again when drinking the second tea bag from the Treasure box.
The green tea used as a basis was to my opinion too weak. The third steep already turned quite watery and the fourth was a lightly colored hot water with a very very slight mint-infusion taste.
Last thing, I was expecting some taste closer from Morrocan mint tea; I’m not sure how they brew it in Morrocco, but I believe the tea used is not as green as this one, plus they use tons of sugar. This one was probably better without sugar, but then it just cannot be a real Morrocan taste.
Another blend from Gryphon that I find quite nice, with no wow factor, and definitely overpriced.

This is a very refreshing drink. The mint taste is quite lovely.