Yerba Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Tannic, Musty, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Bill Trammel

From Guayaki

In South America, yerba mate has been revered for centuries as the “drink of the gods” and is drunk daily for optimum health, sustained energy and mental clarity. Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world: yerba mate, coffee, tea, kola nut, cocoa, and guarana, yerba mate triumphs as natures most balanced stimulant, delivering both energy and nutrition. The leaves of the rainforest mate tree naturally contain 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, abundant antioxidants. In fact, The Pasteur Institute and the Paris Scientific society in 1964 concluded “it is difficult to find a plant in any area of the world equal to mate in nutritional value” and that yerba mate contains "practically all of the vitamins necessary to sustain life.

About Guayaki View company

Agua con super poderes. Energia estelar. : Super-powered water. Stellar energy.

Heard about the health benefits and decided to give it a try. It is not too bad. Added a little sweetner to improve the flavor. Will give it another try.

hands down the best feeling pick-me-up for any hour of the day or night

Delicious and very energizing!

I love mate. Straight, no sweetener. Pure high octane to the head.

I love Yerba Mate! One reason why I love it is that it seems to increase my metabolism, allows me to feel hungry more frequently between meals, and (I think) has helped me lose weight. Yerba Mate has a grassy flavor. I enjoy preparing this (and all my tea) with Stevia.