Organic Sparkling Classic Gold Yerba Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “I received a can of this in my Foodzie tasting box for April, but, I didn't try it until now... mostly because I was a little afraid. My first tastes of Guayaki products were not positive ones,...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4423 tasting notes
  • “umm this has 120mg of caffeine per can. it's 11:33pm and i probably shouldn't have even had the half a can i did. it tastes nice. but the flavor is really kinda hard to describe. i mean,...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes

From Guayaki

Bubbling with bright tamarind and lime delights, the Sparkling Classic Gold is the latest small miracle to flow from the yerba mate tree.

About Guayaki View company

I received a can of this in my Foodzie tasting box for April, but, I didn’t try it until now… mostly because I was a little afraid. My first tastes of Guayaki products were not positive ones, and I worried that this would be more of the same… but this is REALLY quite good. The lime and tamarind offer nice hints of tartness to offset the sweetness (it’s a sweetened beverage), and there is just a hint of ginger in there too. I like how these flavors keep the tisane from being too cloyingly sweet. This is much better tasting – less sweet – than a typical can of soda.

And it is energizing, too, which I needed! I taste the yerba mate, but, it is not as strong as the flavors of lime and tamarind. There is an earthy vegetal note in the background, but nothing too strong and it all works together very nicely.

This is probably not something I’d stock the fridge with, but, it is something that if I found it while I was out and about and in need of something to drink, I’d reach for before I’d choose a soda or the average bottled ready to drink tea, which do tend to be too sweet for my liking.

umm this has 120mg of caffeine per can.
it’s 11:33pm and i probably shouldn’t have even had the half a can i did.
it tastes nice. but the flavor is really kinda hard to describe. i mean, basically it’s carbonated and sweetened mate tea. i’d definitely buy it again. i don’t drink soda but i could easily enjoy this regularly.