Fruit Garden

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

• “When I saw there were OLIVES in this tea I was sold. So this is a lovely light green tea base with a delicate smattering of fruits. You can in fact taste the olive coming out in almost this...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Woah! This is one fruity green tea! With a hint of something savoury as well, which I'm thinking is perhaps the olives?? Who puts olives in tea, anyhow?! Thanks for letting me sample this...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes

From Gurman's

Green tea, raisins, black currant bits, olives, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, flavour.100g.

About Gurman's View company

When I saw there were OLIVES in this tea I was sold.
So this is a lovely light green tea base with a delicate smattering of fruits.
You can in fact taste the olive coming out in almost this peppery note but only so slight and non obtrusive.
The sweetness is very natural and not overpowering whatsoever.
The tea has a sparkling sensation on the tongue and an overall effervescent nature to it.
This tea would be amazing cold but I would highly suggest adding a lot of extra tea because it is a very light tea. If you were to add ice I fear the flavors would be lost. This is NOT to say it is a weak tea however. Its just that it is not trying to pretend to be something it is not and if any flavor additives were used such as artificial I sure am not detecting them.
I admit I have fallen in love with Gurman’s and so far every tea from them I have had the luxury of trying.
I wish the shipping were not such a killer but now that I have tried several of their teas I know it is well worth it when I can make an order with them.
Granted the shipping is more than fair considering they are shipping to the USA from Ireland!
I do think I will go with more tea next time I steep this. I used two teaspoons and recommend for green tea is 2 to 3. I was being stingy trying to conserve but this tea deserves – I deserve (lol) this tea in its best form.
It really is all that!

Woah! This is one fruity green tea! With a hint of something savoury as well, which I’m thinking is perhaps the olives?? Who puts olives in tea, anyhow?! Thanks for letting me sample this interesting blend, Azzrian!

Anyways, I suppose it’s not really as fruity as I made it seem, but it certainly doesn’t taste like any other green I’ve had, with this almost smoky, savoury note in addition to sweet fruits. The more I sip, the more prominent the savoury quality is, as the fruitiness kind of takes a backseat. The green tea isn’t overly noticeable in here; a basic sencha, it looks like, and not particularly noteworthy, just present.

I used probably nearly 2 tsp of tea for about 8 oz. of water, and I’m not finding the tea to be weak, so that’s what I’d stick with next time, likely.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not overly fond of most flavoured greens, and although this is certainly interesting, it isn’t a tea I’d pick up myself (but I’d totally want anyone who likes olives to try this one, just for kicks!)

Thanks again Azzrian!