Pappy's Sassafrass tea concentrate

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “First iced tea of the season necessitated by the first push mow of the season. Got half our big backyard done and I'm limp--vegetation so thick the blade felt like it was caught in wet spaghetti....” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1692 tasting notes
  • “Well I'm not crazy about it, but I was curious. I do very very much enjoy anything slightly sassafrass-y and this makes a respectable tea. I haven't tried it hot, but if you make it cold you have...” Read full tasting note
    joshuasbones 175 tasting notes
  • “Yummy memories of childhood in this cup. When I was a lil' kid in the hills n' hollows of western Pennsylvania we'd dig sassafras roots in the spring after the new leaves appeared. Wash em' up and...” Read full tasting note
    Joker 34 tasting notes

From H & K products

With Pappy’s Instant Sassafras Tea Concentrate, you can make a perfect cup of healthful, refreshing tea in seconds! And, Pappy’s is extracted only from choice natural Sassafras bark. Pappy’s is an instant tea concentrate, so each 12 oz. bottle makes 12 refreshing cups of tea, just by adding water.

Pappy’s Sassafras tea concentrate is an excellent Atkins Diet friendly drink because it contains 0 Carbohydrates, Less than One Calorie per serving and is Caffeine Free. Pappy’s Sassafras Tea offers dieters a great alternative Low Carb drink to enjoy with their Low Carbohydrate foods. You can enjoy its aromatic flavor any time, day or night. Learn for yourself how down right satisfying this tasty brew can be.

About H & K products View company

First iced tea of the season necessitated by the first push mow of the season. Got half our big backyard done and I’m limp—vegetation so thick the blade felt like it was caught in wet spaghetti. Welcome to Missouri. There was still snow on the ground last week.

At any rate, this is quick-no steep time whatsoever; in with the cold water and boom! there you go. Root beery goodness. We can find this in local grocery stores; I wonder if it gets scarcer the farther east and west you go.

K S

Had some of this last summer in Indiana. I don’t think there is an real sassafrass in it as I think it is illegal – though we used to cut our own root to use.

yyz

My mom used to make rootbeer from scratch as a kid sadly, she never showed me how. I have never seen Sassafrass Concentrate up here but I bet it is wonderful.

It’s crazy how fast things grow when the season grows into full gear. I worked on a wildlife project in Northern Ontario in University and I remeber thinking the roads were so wide when we first arrived and within a week they would seem to shrink by a third to a half in size as the vegetation started to leaf out.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I got some of this one in the kitchen, Good Stuff!

gmathis

Quick Google and here’s the scoop; the ingredient called safrole is what was considered dangerous, but safrole-free products are on the market; http://www.livestrong.com/article/315279-what-are-the-dangers-of-sassafras-tea/

Anyanka

I’ve purchased it in Maryland, so it’s made it to the Atlantic coast. :)

Thomas Edward(Toad)

The bottle of Pappy’s that I have here is Safrole Free :)

MsWhatsit

Good stuff. I like to keep some on hand, though my husband prefers the actual root.

Ah memories…I had a push mower when I lived near Little Rock, AR a few years back. The back yard was a swamp half the time and I kept joking about needing pontoons for the mower. When I could actually mow, it was a major battle between me and the lawn, usually with me on the losing end…

Atacdad

I remember Sassafrass tea from my childhood…M&D would dig up some roots in the early spring and boil them to make tea. Yummy…who new it was a carcinogen….

Well I’m not crazy about it, but I was curious. I do very very much enjoy anything slightly sassafrass-y and this makes a respectable tea. I haven’t tried it hot, but if you make it cold you have to make it much stronger.

Iced 0 min, 15 sec

Yummy memories of childhood in this cup. When I was a lil’ kid in the hills n’ hollows of western Pennsylvania we’d dig sassafras roots in the spring after the new leaves appeared. Wash em’ up and cut into shorts. Boil awhile and hot cups of yummy tea. Didn’t know about the safrole back then, but didn’t drink enough to really matter. Pappy’s is good stuff, hot with truvia. Enjoying some right now.