Haiwan Dragon's Spirit Ripe Pu’er Tea 2012

Pu-erh Tea
Mushrooms, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 oz / 150 ml

From Haiwan Old Comrade Pu-erh(berylleb ebay)

Each Chinese year is named after a particular animal sign of the zodiac in a 12-year cycle.
Dragon is the representative of the traditional culture of China, it has been a symbol of noble and lucky since ancient times. 2012 is Dragon Year, through 2012 coming year, Haiwan Tea Factory made the Dragon’ Spirit animal sign of the zodiac commemorative Pu’er Tea.
The cake is made from high quality tea leaves. The cake surface yields a brownish red color with fie sheen and golden hairs. It brews a bright thick red broth and a mellow and balanced flavor with sweet aftertaste and lingering charm.

About Haiwan Old Comrade Pu-erh(berylleb ebay) View company

I shouldn’t probably even bother writing a note on this yet. I’m numb and not really paying much attention as I drink. I had the last 4 days off work and they were mostly good- I had a very successful art show on Saturday and everything, but my terminally ill parrot took a turn for the worse, and I’m leaving work early today to have her euthanized. I know she is in pain and it isn’t going to get any better.

Anyway, its weird but I am actually happy to be at work today even though I’ve been weepy off and on, it is nice to have something to distract me until later. I’m not really tasting the shu but it is warm and comforting anyway.

boychik

I’m so sorry Stephanie. Warm big hug <3

Marzipan

Oh no :(

Cheri

I’m so sorry to hear about your parrot. It’s so rough to lose a pet.

I’m glad to hear the art fair went well.

greenteafairy

I’m so sorry.

KiwiDelight

I’m sorry for your loss :[

TeaBrat

sorry to hear about your birdie…

Terri HarpLady

Offering a big hug, Stephanie, because I know that losing a pet is like losing a child, at least it was for me. It takes time for the Heart to heal, & sometimes going back to work is the best thing you can do.
I am glad to hear about the Art Show though! Congrats on that!

Stephanie

Thanks everyone. It was a rough day, but I am relieved her suffering is over. We buried her between the redbud and magnolia trees in our back yard. My husband found a tiny blue glass bottle when he was digging. It says Bromo Caffeine on the side. Apparently it was a headache medicine in the late 1800s-early 1900s! Now it is the Tweeter memorial bud-vase.

Steeped in 150 ml gaiwan 2 tsp
Rinse 5/5 /10/10/15/20
First couple steeps didn’t impress me. Earthy, mushrooms, bold shu
Then it became lighter. Very smooth and pleasant. I think it’s still young shu but has a potential .

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML