Haiwan Dragon's Spirit Ripe Pu’er Tea 2012

Pu-erh Tea
Mushrooms, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 oz / 150 ml

• “WHAT UP PARTY PEOPLE! Ok so anyway..i'm celebrating because while it's not my goal... ONE HUNDRED! it's like race that i've been running for a few months now so yay for finally getting this far!...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Thank you for the sample *boychik* I shouldn't probably even bother writing a note on this yet. I'm numb and not really paying much attention as I drink. I had the last 4 days off work and they...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 966 tasting notes
  • “Steeped in 150 ml gaiwan 2 tsp Rinse 5/5 /10/10/15/20 First couple steeps didn't impress me. Earthy, mushrooms, bold shu Then it became lighter. Very smooth and pleasant. I think it's still...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 404 tasting notes

From Haiwan Old Comrade Pu-erh(berylleb ebay)

Each Chinese year is named after a particular animal sign of the zodiac in a 12-year cycle.
Dragon is the representative of the traditional culture of China, it has been a symbol of noble and lucky since ancient times. 2012 is Dragon Year, through 2012 coming year, Haiwan Tea Factory made the Dragon’ Spirit animal sign of the zodiac commemorative Pu’er Tea.
The cake is made from high quality tea leaves. The cake surface yields a brownish red color with fie sheen and golden hairs. It brews a bright thick red broth and a mellow and balanced flavor with sweet aftertaste and lingering charm.

About Haiwan Old Comrade Pu-erh(berylleb ebay) View company

WHAT UP PARTY PEOPLE! Ok so anyway..i’m celebrating because while it’s not my goal… ONE HUNDRED! it’s like race that i’ve been running for a few months now so yay for finally getting this far! 5 more teas to go…only the 5th one should prove challenging as far as my cupboard goes. The other 4 are all lined up (literally on my table) for the next 2 days haha I picked this one as my 100th tea, well because it has the word dragon in it. I’ve been sipping on this all afternoon and while there is nothing crazy exciting about this puer, it’s been a relaxing afternoon full of a calm sort of tea. this one is on the earthy/mushroom side but not “stick your head in compost” sort of level of intensity lol Really happy to have a chance to explore more puerhs. I really need to take more time to get through my other samples – i could probably survive on my puerh alone for over a year lol.

Thanks to Boychik for sharing this one with me. it made for a lovely afternoon!

Sarsonator

Hooray!!!!!

boychik

i admire your ability to drink so much tea. just Wow!

it’s my happy place. And i don’t have kids…or pets…soooo i have more time than the average person with those things hahaha. i see drinking a WHOLE lot less once i have kids…or a dog. lol

I shouldn’t probably even bother writing a note on this yet. I’m numb and not really paying much attention as I drink. I had the last 4 days off work and they were mostly good- I had a very successful art show on Saturday and everything, but my terminally ill parrot took a turn for the worse, and I’m leaving work early today to have her euthanized. I know she is in pain and it isn’t going to get any better.

Anyway, its weird but I am actually happy to be at work today even though I’ve been weepy off and on, it is nice to have something to distract me until later. I’m not really tasting the shu but it is warm and comforting anyway.

boychik

I’m so sorry Stephanie. Warm big hug <3

Marzipan

Oh no :(

Cheri

I’m so sorry to hear about your parrot. It’s so rough to lose a pet.

I’m glad to hear the art fair went well.

greenteafairy

I’m so sorry.

KiwiDelight

I’m sorry for your loss :[

TeaBrat

sorry to hear about your birdie…

Terri HarpLady

Offering a big hug, Stephanie, because I know that losing a pet is like losing a child, at least it was for me. It takes time for the Heart to heal, & sometimes going back to work is the best thing you can do.
I am glad to hear about the Art Show though! Congrats on that!

Stephanie

Thanks everyone. It was a rough day, but I am relieved her suffering is over. We buried her between the redbud and magnolia trees in our back yard. My husband found a tiny blue glass bottle when he was digging. It says Bromo Caffeine on the side. Apparently it was a headache medicine in the late 1800s-early 1900s! Now it is the Tweeter memorial bud-vase.

Steeped in 150 ml gaiwan 2 tsp
Rinse 5/5 /10/10/15/20
First couple steeps didn’t impress me. Earthy, mushrooms, bold shu
Then it became lighter. Very smooth and pleasant. I think it’s still young shu but has a potential .

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML