2010 Haiwan "Peerless" Puerh Ripe

Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

From Haiwan Tea Factory ( Yunnan Sourcing)

2010 Haiwan “Peerless” Ripe 500g
Haiwan’s most premium ripe tea cake of 2010. Almost entirely smaller leaf and buds throughout. Fermented from high quality Menghai material, this medium to light fermentation tea cake offers a strong thick taste and notably complex mouth-feel. An incredibly big and chunky tea cake.

About Haiwan Tea Factory ( Yunnan Sourcing) View company

1 Tasting Note

TEA DRUNK PARTAY TIME YEAH

I bought this ripe pu’er for a fantastic price – $20 for 500 grams at Yunnan Sourcing. I was hoping this would be a great daily pu’er. Turns out, first infusion are really rich – tobacco, bitter cocoa and nut shelly. Middle infusions lighten to a pine, fruity sweet and sap – getting sweeter and sweeter with each infusion – very delicious. The texture is my favorite part of this pu’er as it’s slick and creamy, so feels amazing to drink!

Around the 9th infusion – MEGA TEA DRUNK. Woweee – this tea packs a punch – that deep breath, heart tightening, manic, I feel fantastic tea drunk feeling.

In the end, not a daily tea – the tea drunk is too strong in this one.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2010-haiwan-peerless-ripe-puer/

Boiling
AllanK

One day soon I will have to brew this tea nine times and see if I can replicate your experience. I never got tea drunk off of this. Did you drink it with or without sugar? Its my opinion that that effects the effect.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

No sugar, just gong fu brewing – 2 rinses, 10 seconds to start, adding 10 seconds to each infusion. Next time I’m going to try 5 seconds as it’s pretty rough to start.

AllanK

I thought this tea pretty good too. I picked up a tong about a year and a half ago when it was still $18 a cake or so.

AllanK

Very interesting report on your blog about this. I thought Yunnan Sourcing had raised the price on the China site as well as the US, maybe not.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I bought the cake in late September and the pricing is the same, though appears to be sold out on the US site. I’d like to say they could charge more for this one, but I won’t as the price is nice, haha!

mrmopar

A bang up shou for shoure…tea pun intended!

boychik

I love it. It makes me sleepy Allan. 1rinse/Short steeps and no sugar. I have it instead of Sleepytime.

Cwyn

O.o tea drunk time yay! I think mine just wore off.