Krampus Brew

Fruit Green Blend
Cinnamon, Clove, Dried Cherries, Green Tea Leaves
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “WHY OH WHY did I wait so long to try this tea? OHMYGOSH it is so wonderful. THis makes me sad that I am no longer a Handmade Tea subscriber. I had so much tea coming out my ears that it did not...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I am still in love with this. Not much more to say about it except I wish it was available FOREVER and I am almost out. But, I do have what I think is a funny story for my fellow steepsters about...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “Now I am having a second steep with demerara sugar. Usually I skip the sugar entirely, but this is really good. A little cream would probably rocket this to the moon (all I have is mom's fat-free...” Read full tasting note
    beckymew 70 tasting notes

From Handmade Tea

Krampus Brew starts with a base green tea referred to as ‘gunpowder’ as the leaves are rolled into little balls that resemble gunpowder. It’s smooth with hints of smokiness – the flavor of this green tea often hits notes similar to a light oolong tea. The dried cherries sweeten the brew with a bright honey-like flavor as well as add a tart finish. Cloves and cinnamon rounds out the flavor with classic spice taste and adds boldness to the mouth feel.

About Handmade Tea View company

WHY OH WHY did I wait so long to try this tea? OHMYGOSH it is so wonderful. THis makes me sad that I am no longer a Handmade Tea subscriber. I had so much tea coming out my ears that it did not make sense for me to keep subscribing. BUT this blend! IT Epitomizes winter! I can almost taste the pine trees.

Caleb hit it out of the park again. This tea is a true delight.

oh man… wish i was a subscriber to this..they finally opened it up to canada but i havne’t had a chance yet lesigh

Terri HarpLady

I’ve considered subscribing to Handmade Teas.

back off woman! you already get verdant well before me hahaha. My verdant order still isn’t at my house..though it matters little i suppose since i’m not there :P

Ellyn

There is more then enough Handmade Tea for everyone! :)

Lala

Sil: I checked this out, because I too am interested, but the website still says for US only. Do you know a secret that the rest of us don’t :)

Kittenna

Haha, I just checked it out too. Probably a bit expensive for me, but if someone went halves with me, Sil…. (depending on shipping costs). :P

Indigobloom

another one goes on the shopping list…!

Becky

I agree, this was a very good tea that makes me wish these blends were available longer. I only have a couple teaspoons left and I’ve been hoarding them for a particular type of mood. Maybe if I do well on this presentation I have due on Friday…

lala – they haven’t advertised that you can get it in canada (no idea why) but essentially if you have a card that goes through once you check out…they will send it to canada. it’s a little weird but if you can pay them, they will send to you lol i haven’t looked into it beyond that but that’s what they told me via Facebook.

I am still in love with this. Not much more to say about it except I wish it was available FOREVER and I am almost out. But, I do have what I think is a funny story for my fellow steepsters about me, my tea thermos, and OMG GERMS.

We can’t have any food or drinks inside the department of the library where I work. The materials we have are too old/valuable and it’s one of those things where no one ever thinks they will spill but then they do, and holy crap that 400 year old copy of Dante’s Inferno is ruined. So right outside our double doors we have a little table where people can set their drinks or snacks. Last Friday I was working on foldering old newspaper clippings when I spotted a man lurking just outside the door. I looked up from my work and realized that he was touching my tea thermos. And not just touching it, but unscrewing the lid, looking inside, etc.
I should note at this point that I can be a real neat freak, and I am most definitely not okay with random strangers touching things that go near my mouth. So basically I was screaming on the inside at this point, but I managed to compose myself, got up and opened the door. I asked him, “Can I help you?”
He looked at me, then back to our various thermoses and drinks on the little table and said “Is all this trash?”
I said something like “No, it’s not trash, these belong to the people who work here. That is my thermos.”
Now I THOUGHT at that point he would buy a clue and put it down. But nooo. Instead he says “Oh”, and continues playing with the lid and looking inside. “Is this a tea thermos or something?”
I said “Yes. It’s MINE,” in my most notsubtle-ohmygosh-stoptouchingmystuff voice.
At that point he finally put the lid back on, set it back down and said “Oh okay. Have a good night.”
Steepsters. I had to soak that thermos in so much hot water you would not even believe it. DEFILED.

Lol I shouldn’t laugh but just thought of this interaction really makes me chuckle. Some people!

Claire

It’s okay to laugh, I thought it was funny after the fact! I told my aunt (raised me for most of my life) about it over the weekend, and she was laughing so hard she was crying. Probably because she knows me well enough to know how much I was FREAKING OUT.

Invader Zim

For some reason Jeff Dunham’s act with Achmed when Achmed yells “Stop touching me!” was going through my head! Only “stop touching my stuff” instead of me!

Miss Starfish

Oh dear! Perhaps for next time? “Dude, just step away from the thermos and no one gets hurt. I know all about papercuts, trust me, you don’t want that world of pain brought down on you.”

Claire

Oh man Miss Starfish, I get so many papercuts at work, he’d better watch out! ;)
Invader Zim – It was at all socially appropriate to yell that at him, I probably would have.

Kittenna

Uh….. that would probably bother me to the point of not having a thermos at work again. I’m always concerned with thoughts of people slipping things into my drinks….

Claire

Kittenna – For now we moved the table so it’s more easily visible while we’re inside. The problem is if I don’t bring a drink I’m stuck with using the water fountain.

Kittenna

Yeah. I’m usually in a similar situation; food/drink are not allowed in the lab, and I’m wary of leaving things outside the door! So I am bad sometimes and keep my thermoses tucked in my backpack (which I’m also technically not supposed to have with me). I still go out of the lab to drink, but feel waaaaay safer. I’m guessing that that isn’t an option for you :(

Claire

Kittenna – yeah, it wouldn’t be good if I told other people the rules and then they saw me break them. ;)

Earl Jeff

Lol wow. What a sheister, that man….. :P Boundaries, anyone?

That tea sounds delicious, by the way. I am currently lamenting its recent unavailability. :(

Michelle Butler Hallett

Oh my GAWD! I’d be freaking out, too!

Now I am having a second steep with demerara sugar. Usually I skip the sugar entirely, but this is really good. A little cream would probably rocket this to the moon (all I have is mom’s fat-free half-and-half, which I don’t really consider to be a food product).