Arya Ruby - Exclusive Darjeeling Second Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Happy Earth Tea

DRY TEA: Keeping to the exacting character of this tea, the stlyish leaves are evenly twisted with an abundance of tips. The leaves are grey with a smattering of green and yellow. As always the tea has a superb bloom.

INFUSION: The leaves turn largely caramel, with dark green streaks. The nose is robust possessing a malty aroma with a strong hint of the muscatel Darjeeling tea is famous for.

CUP: The liqor is almost amber echoing a second flush hue. The tea is fragrant with smoky, floral characteristics that is mature with a great lingering aftertaste. This is a beautiful tea that never fails to satisfy connosuiers of Darjeeling.

BREWING INSTRUCTIONS: A tea spoon a cup. Steep in near-boiling water for 3-5 mins.

OCCASION: A perfect number to show-off during highteas.

The garden, very close to Darjeeling town, was established in 1885. Although small compared to many other gardens – it is only around 310 acres – Arya tea garden is now recognised for its high quality Darjeeling teas.

About Happy Earth Tea View company

This smells….CRISPY…dry.

This infuses to a VERY light brown…well, not even really brown…looks more like a pale green tea or a hued white tea color. Regardless it is a BOLD one! It’s a bit floral, malty, and has a hint of smoke which is a nice touch! I LOVE how malty this is…to the eye…I didn’t think it would be…but it is!

thanks for this post! the tea sounds awesome..and now I started browsing happyearthtea’s website.

The couple that owns Happy Earth Tea are wonderful to deal with! Lovely people! Great email correspondence!

Please keep things friendly and .

My review is for the 2015 version of this tea. It definitely has a ruby color, almost orange in appearance. I don’t really wan to give this a numeric rating as I’m not a big fan of second flush darjeelings in general. I am much more partial to the first flush. This cuppa has a woody, slight citrusy flavor with a touch of muscatel in the finish. It’s a bit brisk. I’m happy for the opportunity to try this but still not a second flush convert ;)

Doug F

Wow! Look at you steppin up the reviews. I have to say, when I come across a great second flush, it’s a tough choice between that and a first.

yeah. i’m picky like that. ;)

Please keep things friendly and .

I LOVE this Darjeeling. It’s one of the finest Darjeeling teas I’ve yet to taste. This is the flavor that I think of when I hear the word “Darjeeling.” This is it! As close to perfect as a Darjeeling can get, in my opinion.

A beautiful muscatel. Sweet, floral, fruity, wine-like finish. Delightful.

Here’s my full-length review:

I’ve never had Darjeeling, but I do have one in my cupboard I have yet to taste. What sort of flavours should I look for when trying it?