Organic Sungma Darjeeling, First Flush 2014

Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “I ordered a few FF darjeeling samples from Happy Earth Tea this year. I don't know what my problem is but I haven't felt that motivated to drink them. I may have gotten burnt out since the huge...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2463 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Crisp ... invigorating! A really lovely first flush Darjeeling. My preference for Darjeeling teas tend to be second flush because I love the muscatel of the second flush, but I've...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes

From Happy Earth Tea

An enchanting Darjeeling first flush with a highly refined floral bouquet and well rounded flavors.

About Happy Earth Tea View company

I ordered a few FF darjeeling samples from Happy Earth Tea this year. I don’t know what my problem is but I haven’t felt that motivated to drink them. I may have gotten burnt out since the huge darjeeling binge I went on in 2012… :)

I like my darjeelings to be brewed at temps well below boiling, I think this helps to keep them from getting too bitter for me. I think that was a good decision for this one. It seems nice and fruity, there is something wine like about it, and also it reminds me of pineapple. Doesn’t really need any additions, though it was really good with a tiny touch of coconut sugar, that helped to bring out more fruity quality. I am also getting peaches. This might be my favorite of the samples I’ve tried so far but I haven’t reviewed the others yet, hopefully soon. I might get some more samples from Happy Earth when the second flushes roll around. (note: I spoke to Happy Earth on Twitter and they said they weren’t able to get a lot of second flush due to lack of rain this year) I also like that these are organic and fair trade.

Backlog:

Crisp … invigorating! A really lovely first flush Darjeeling. My preference for Darjeeling teas tend to be second flush because I love the muscatel of the second flush, but I’ve really enjoyed quite a few stunning first flush teas this year. This is one of them.

Smooth, sweet flavor with notes of fruit and flower. Not a strong muscatel (again, that’s not expected from a first flush), but this does have a slight wine-like quality to it that I enjoyed.

Nice round flavor. Sweet!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/05/11/organic-sungma-darjeeling-black-tea-first-flush-2014-from-happy-earth-tea/