Wedding Tea

White Tea
Candy, Creamy, Cucumber, Custard, Lemon, Oats, Vanilla, Cream, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Stupid Steepster deleting all my likes. Yay, another sip down. I bought this over a year ago and I'd say it's best fresh. The lemon and vanilla are creamier and, well, fresher. Not a fan of the...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 814 tasting notes
  • “Tea party began today with this tea. I had purchased it for my daughter who wanted to try some white teas and she really didn't like it. My guest today, who usually strongly favors black tea,...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1832 tasting notes
  • “Oh, wow. This is fantastic! Lovely and light and, dare I say, perfect. Dry the rose scent comes through a lot stronger, but mellows nicely when steeped and the vanilla gently escorts your nose into...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 89 tasting notes
  • “Today my husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary - we are drinking Harney & Sons Wedding Tea and reviewing it together. We used one sachet per 8 oz cup (a little stronger than...” Read full tasting note
    Glamorosi 7 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Wedding Tea is an elegant blend crafted for that very special day. Beautiful pink rosebuds and petals capture the eye amidst Chinese Mutan white tea buds, creating the perfect wedding tea. The lemon and vanilla addition impart a wonderfully aromatic scent. A token of the years to come, it is a tea of pure bliss for a most noteworthy occasion.

About Harney & Sons View company

This lovely sample came from my swap with Blodeuyn! I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while now, because I like white tea a lot and lemon-vanilla white tea… well that just sounds awesome. My sample is in sachet form. The white tea leaves are very broken up, and there are a few little pieces of rose petals mixed in. Dry scent is lovely sweet lemon and vanilla swirl. I steeped one sachet for 3 minutes at 185 degrees.

Once the tea is brewed, I actually get quite a bit of cucumber from the aroma. And it goes very well with the mild lemon and sweet vanilla scents. Wow, I get a ton of cucumber in the taste too! And it’s very tasty. It melds beautifully with that mild, sweet lemon-vanilla pudding swirl flavor. The white tea itself lends a creaminess and a grain flavor that makes this even more like a pudding. Vanilla-lemon-cucumber pudding tea! :D

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Cucumber, Custard, Lemon, Oats, Vanilla

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Nice creamy vanilla and soft lemon not tart or sour more like a lemon cake. I’ve enjoyed it as a cold brew and hot. I was hoping to like the Royal Wedding more because it comes in a pretty tin, you get more tea bags and it’s $1 cheaper when comparing the 2 tins but I prefer this one. I will be getting more of this someday and actually look forward to trying it in a tea sachet.

(171) Thanks VariaTEA for letting me try this one out. It’s surprisingly tasty. It’s creamy, buttery and so lemony.

I didn’t expect to actually like this one so much so I’m very grateful to have had the chance, especially since I can’t foresee placing an H&S order any time soon. (Sadly, I like the TeaG version of lemon tea much more!)

Does this count as a sipdown if I only got this as a sample? XD Well this is the last of my sample. But I’ll have this again soon enough-whenever H&S has free shipping at a lower price. Still absolutely love this tea. It’s the best lemon tea I’ve ever had!
Sadly I couldn’t finish my first cup of this in the morning because I had to leave earlier for my dr. But even a few hours later that I steep it again it tastes wonderful! Not nearly as lemon-y, but the buttery, vanilla taste is still there with. Not as good as before, but nice to come home to. (:
Need to restock this one!

Flavors: Butter, Lemon, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

Lemon makes everything better :-)

Miss Starfish

This is one of my favourites! It’s so good and solid. If you like coconut, try the royal wedding version!

Ost

Ooo looked the Royal Wedding version up. Looks so good! Thanks! :D

Miss Starfish

Haha, I mean….
You’re most welcome and it really is. It’s slightly different to wedding – different enough that I have both in my house, but I do LOVE wedding, so that does factor into it quite a bit…

VariaTEA sent this one my way and i figured since i had the lemon macaron, i could try this one in a continuation of the lemon theme. While i am a fan of the lemon + vanilla, there isn’t enough PUNCH in this tea to really have me loving it. It was really nice to drink though, and i’m happy to have tried it – gotta try all the teas!

This is one of my favorite teas! It is so delicious. Has buttery vanilla taste with a hint of lemon. Ive never tasted anything else like it. Will definitely stock up on this tea to have as my #2 blend.

Flavors: Butter, Lemon, Vanilla

1938 tasting notes

Usually I am not a fan of citrus flavors in tea but between Roswell Strange’s reviews and the deliciousness of Fauchon’s L’Hiver, I decided to give this a try. Consequently, when the amazing NayLynn asked if I wanted anything else from Harney’s aside from the oz of Soba Cha she offered to send my way, I took her up on her offer and got a sample of this. Sipping on it now, I am super happy that I did and I am extremely delighted that the sample is rather large because this tea is really good. It is like a slice of lemon cake, emphasis on the lemon, with a touch of vanilla sugar glaze to add a nice dose of creamy sweetness to the cup. Definitely a nice treat. So, thank you Roswell Strange for peaking my interest and thank you NayLynn for ever so graciously facilitating my order. You guys are AMAZING!!

Roswell Strange

Ugh, I want this back! This and Soba Cha…

VariaTEA

I can share some of both if you like :). It is not a problem to just toss some into the package I am sending.

I’ve never had this one before and couldn’t resist picking some up when I came across a local coffee shop that sold some Harney teas in the tagalong tins…

The color of this is darker than some white teas I’ve tried and I was wondering if perhaps this was due to the rose element. When I compare mine to the picture that Harney provides, it definitely looks a lot darker. The aroma of this is very flowery and flavor wise, I get more vanilla and rose than anything else. A nice sweetness is present here but I wouldn’t say the lemon note is too prominent (I can’t really find it). I’m not the biggest fan of white teas in general, but I could see how this would be nice for a wedding or an afternoon tea served with cake.

More vanilla seems to be coming to the front as the cup cools, and if you ask me, this is smelling more and more like a cupcake as time goes by. I may try steeping this at a slightly lower temp. next time.

Probably not something I need to keep around for the permanent collection but I will certainly finish off the mini tin.

1991 tasting notes

Mmm!

This was just silky smooth vanilla with some very fine and delicate lemon. Seriously; this is creamy smooth lemon done right. It was very nice to end off the night with.

I have been a long time fan of green tea and it has been my go to brew.
Currently I’ve become addicted to this white blend, and now my precious green tea is on a back burner. That’s not to say I’m dismissing it as a whole, but to say that I’m not in instant love would simply be a lie.
I had this tea during my first visit to a local tea room. Dressed in my favorite floral dress I entered the building that was decorated finely in antiques and garden worthy prints on the linens. Each step I took brought me deeper into a wonderland. Looking over the menu the name “Wedding Tea” stuck out and I ordered it for my stay. As I poured it into my cup I marveled at the clear light amber color. Immediately the aroma drifted to me, and was the most delicate thing. Right away you get a sense of the taste you’re about to enjoy. With or without sugar this tea is smooth enough to complement desserts from cheesecake to a hefty red velvet. I had the pleasure of enjoying this blend alongside my lunch and throughout the hour it didn’t fail to please. When my server asked if I’d like more, I didn’t hesitate in saying “Yes, please!”
I was lucky to be able to purchase a 20 sachet tin from the boutique inside the tea room. It’s now my go to drink to cure my frowns. I hope to share this tea with a fellow I admire and love someday.