Wedding Tea

White Tea
Custard, Floral, Frosting, Lemon, Vanilla, Candy, Creamy, Cucumber, Oats, Cream, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Stupid Steepster deleting all my likes. Yay, another sip down. I bought this over a year ago and I’d say it’s best fresh. The lemon and vanilla are creamier and, well, fresher. Not a...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1047 tasting notes
  • “Tea party began today with this tea. I had purchased it for my daughter who wanted to try some white teas and she really didn’t like it. My guest today, who usually strongly favors black...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1946 tasting notes
  • “Oh, wow. This is fantastic! Lovely and light and, dare I say, perfect. Dry the rose scent comes through a lot stronger, but mellows nicely when steeped and the vanilla gently escorts your nose into...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 96 tasting notes
  • “Today my husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary – we are drinking Harney & Sons Wedding Tea and reviewing it together. We used one sachet per 8 oz cup (a little...” Read full tasting note
    Glamorosi 7 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Wedding Tea is an elegant blend crafted for that very special day. Beautiful pink rosebuds and petals capture the eye amidst Chinese Mutan white tea buds, creating the perfect wedding tea. The lemon and vanilla addition impart a wonderfully aromatic scent. A token of the years to come, it is a tea of pure bliss for a most noteworthy occasion.

About Harney & Sons View company

Umm….what did I do wrong? This was so not delicious to me. I think I steeped it correctly, but I had it at work and might not have been paying as close of attention as I thought I was. I wasn’t reading the flavor description when I drank this, and all I got was that maybe it was supposed to be some kind of vanilla or almond kind of flavor. I’m really glad Ost sent me two bags of this to try so I can give it another go because I really though I’d like this one. I won’t rate it until it gets a second chance.

Fjellrev

I like this one but it can be really finicky. Takes certain parameters to bring out the vanilla lemon flavour without the base going bitter.

Made at home. Somehow the flavoring was much better than when I last reviewed it. I didn’t get overpowered by the flavors or the white tea base. I must just need to be in the mood. It felt much more like an average, very pleasant tea, one that I would drink regularly when I want something sweet and creamy to not pay attention to.

Backlog:

The white tea is smooth and sweet and these characteristics are further highlighted with the notes of vanilla. A hint of tart lemon brightens the cup without making it too tart. It’s a nice “marriage” of flavors.

It tastes a bit like lemon curd was stirred into my white tea.

Nightshifter

Sounds tasty!

gmathis

Lemon curd sold me! I could eat it out of the jar with a spoon.

Mikumofu

Every time I think I’ve tried everything from Harney that I’ve wanted to try, I hear of something else interesting like this!

This lovely sample came from my swap with Blodeuyn! I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while now, because I like white tea a lot and lemon-vanilla white tea… well that just sounds awesome. My sample is in sachet form. The white tea leaves are very broken up, and there are a few little pieces of rose petals mixed in. Dry scent is lovely sweet lemon and vanilla swirl. I steeped one sachet for 3 minutes at 185 degrees.

Once the tea is brewed, I actually get quite a bit of cucumber from the aroma. And it goes very well with the mild lemon and sweet vanilla scents. Wow, I get a ton of cucumber in the taste too! And it’s very tasty. It melds beautifully with that mild, sweet lemon-vanilla pudding swirl flavor. The white tea itself lends a creaminess and a grain flavor that makes this even more like a pudding. Vanilla-lemon-cucumber pudding tea! :D

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Cucumber, Custard, Lemon, Oats, Vanilla

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Nice creamy vanilla and soft lemon not tart or sour more like a lemon cake. I’ve enjoyed it as a cold brew and hot. I was hoping to like the Royal Wedding more because it comes in a pretty tin, you get more tea bags and it’s $1 cheaper when comparing the 2 tins but I prefer this one. I will be getting more of this someday and actually look forward to trying it in a tea sachet.

(171) Thanks VariaTEA for letting me try this one out. It’s surprisingly tasty. It’s creamy, buttery and so lemony.

I didn’t expect to actually like this one so much so I’m very grateful to have had the chance, especially since I can’t foresee placing an H&S order any time soon. (Sadly, I like the TeaG version of lemon tea much more!)

Does this count as a sipdown if I only got this as a sample? XD Well this is the last of my sample. But I’ll have this again soon enough-whenever H&S has free shipping at a lower price. Still absolutely love this tea. It’s the best lemon tea I’ve ever had!
Sadly I couldn’t finish my first cup of this in the morning because I had to leave earlier for my dr. But even a few hours later that I steep it again it tastes wonderful! Not nearly as lemon-y, but the buttery, vanilla taste is still there with. Not as good as before, but nice to come home to. (:
Need to restock this one!

Flavors: Butter, Lemon, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

Lemon makes everything better :-)

Miss Starfish

This is one of my favourites! It’s so good and solid. If you like coconut, try the royal wedding version!

Ost

Ooo looked the Royal Wedding version up. Looks so good! Thanks! :D

Miss Starfish

Haha, I mean….
You’re most welcome and it really is. It’s slightly different to wedding – different enough that I have both in my house, but I do LOVE wedding, so that does factor into it quite a bit…

VariaTEA sent this one my way and i figured since i had the lemon macaron, i could try this one in a continuation of the lemon theme. While i am a fan of the lemon + vanilla, there isn’t enough PUNCH in this tea to really have me loving it. It was really nice to drink though, and i’m happy to have tried it – gotta try all the teas!

This is one of my favorite teas! It is so delicious. Has buttery vanilla taste with a hint of lemon. Ive never tasted anything else like it. Will definitely stock up on this tea to have as my #2 blend.

Flavors: Butter, Lemon, Vanilla

Usually I am not a fan of citrus flavors in tea but between Roswell Strange’s reviews and the deliciousness of Fauchon’s L’Hiver, I decided to give this a try. Consequently, when the amazing NayLynn asked if I wanted anything else from Harney’s aside from the oz of Soba Cha she offered to send my way, I took her up on her offer and got a sample of this. Sipping on it now, I am super happy that I did and I am extremely delighted that the sample is rather large because this tea is really good. It is like a slice of lemon cake, emphasis on the lemon, with a touch of vanilla sugar glaze to add a nice dose of creamy sweetness to the cup. Definitely a nice treat. So, thank you Roswell Strange for peaking my interest and thank you NayLynn for ever so graciously facilitating my order. You guys are AMAZING!!

Roswell Strange

Ugh, I want this back! This and Soba Cha…

VariaTEA

I can share some of both if you like :). It is not a problem to just toss some into the package I am sending.