Hunan Mao Jian

Green Tea
Artichoke, Asparagus, Toast
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

From Harney & Sons

While in China, we were on the look out for a moderately priced green tea, one that does not have the roasted aromas of Gunpowder or Chun Mee. Not everyday is a celebration. While at an organic tea garden in Hunan we found one. This Mao Jian is made a bit later in the season from the best green teas. It is a nice tea that can be consumed regularly.

About Harney & Sons View company

Let me start off by saying thank you JacquelineM for the box of tea I got today! I’m so excited, I don’t know where to start! But I was brewing another pot of Hunan as it came in, so let’s see where it takes me.

Alright, let’s try this again. I added less leaves, and only let it steep for about 2:30. I’m also enjoying a bowl of ramen pasta (pour the water out, use different seasonings, SO much better and better for you!) with sauteed mushrooms, so I can see how it is with a meal.

Wow. This is really good with food. The vegetable flavor is still there, but it goes down smooth and kind of refreshes your palate after taking a bite. I also now detect a sweet note in the back of my tongue. This might grow on me as a lunch tea!

Yay! I’m glad it arrived!!! Start with Queen Catherine I think :)

Yea I’m about to make a pot of it right now :)

An EXCELLENT tea, especially for the price!!! One of my favorite green teas.

Flavors: Artichoke, Asparagus, Toast

This has a really great fresh taste to it. However, in my experience it needs to be steeped at low temperature and for a fairly short period of time to avoid developing an unpleasant burnt flavor.

Oh my. What a fantastic green! The fresh leaves smell of freshly picked strawberries. The brew also has smalls hints of this at times, but for the most part tastes of bockchoy and has a medium light body. It is full of freshness in the cup that captures that apparent great 2010 season that Hunan had. This is one of those small things in life that just puts a smile on your face. Just delicious.