Earl Grey Supreme

Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I guess my latest mini-obsession is Earl Grey :) Let's see, I had a very long Chinese obsession, followed by mini obsessions of Assam, then Chai, now Earl :) I threw a sample of this in my cart...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “You know you have become a true tea drinker when......... ...you are sitting on the porch in 80 degree weather drinking hot Earl Grey Supreme. And you are usually hot in this kind of weather. ...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up the last of this delicious Earl Grey today - but I think I should have saved it to drink while watching Star Trek! Either way, this tea is great as a tea latte with the citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “A sample of this arrived with my recent Harney order. I thought I'd give it a go this morning. I'm not a huge Earl Grey fan...I like it, but it's a case of I like what I like and don't often branch...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

The aroma of the dry leaves is a perfect blend of light bergamot and delicious tippy black tea. It seems to be uncommon to be able to discern the tea base under the bergamot in earl greys, which instantly piqued my curiousity. On my first sip it becomes apparant that the brilliant black tea base is the real star of the show, while the bergamot is relegated to lowly chorus-line duties. I was worried milk would mute the flavours too much, but the tiniest splash really bought out that maltylicious taste.
Personally I find this disappointing as an earl grey (due to my extreme bergamot needs), but incredible as a black tea.

First things first… Hello Steepster. It has truely been a rough to weeks. I have a couple apologies to pass out. To both Tommy the Toad and to Brian. You have been amazingly patient and i kinda dropped the ball hard. Shortly after i set up our swaps, a hateful turn of events with a room mate ended in an immediate removal of my family and all of our property. it did take us sometime to get back on our feet and i promise that as soon as we get the reat of our tea collection here and sorted, both of your shipment will be on its ways with excellent extras. again guys i am truly sorry for my slip and i’ll make for it. Good night guys

Thomas Edward(Toad)

thats horrible i hate it for you, life can be so mean for no reason at all, i wish best luck to you and your family :) i pray for you all.

Steven Cook

thank you my friend. you two are awesome.

Brian

Just caught this note. Thanks for the update and of course I’m terribly sorry to hear of your situation. Here’s to the best and that everything works out for you and your family!

Steven Cook

It’s chilly in Houston- in the lower 30s, which is not common here! So, thinking “I’m in Texas.” I was underbundled this morning. By the time I got to school, I was pretty shivery. Although I generally like milk in my Earl Grey, I decided it would be worth it to try this one plain just to warm up, even though all I had was hot water cooler water.

Pretty good earl grey! I didn’t brew it under optimal conditions, to be sure, but I think I may still prefer Tea Gschwender’s Earl Grey 69. This one just didn’t taste quite as rich to me. It was delicious, but a bit muted. Perhaps I under-steeped it. Thanks to Kristin for the bag!

Kristin

I’ve found that the pre-bagged Harney’s teabags can only hold up to a tiny tea cup, no more than 8 oz. That might be it.

Lisbet

Ahh yeah it was still pretty good, but I thought it could have been better if I made it at home.

A fantastic earl grey! Wow this is good. So well done with the flavouring. There is the perfect amount of bergamot in this blend, and of course it’s not bitter at all. I just put milk and agave in this cup, but I wish I had something to make a frothy latte with. This is the best earl grey in my books, so far. This will be a re-buy!

ashmanra

My favorite Earl!

After watching the horrible video out of Japan I needed comfort this am. This seemed to fit the bill as it was quick and effortless. I brewed this sachet in a big Starbucks mug (these sachets are made for 12oz. water). Added 2tsp sugar, a touch of vanilla honey, and a healthy splash of 2% milk. Served with oatmeal raisin cookies. Feel marginally better, but really need to turn the news off and focus on work.

Free sample from Harney and Sons.

This is a bagged tea.

I LOVE bergamot. Pretty much all it takes to get me to like a tea, is to add bergamot. So naturally Earl Grey is my all time favorite tea. I was quite excited to receive this as a free sample. On opening the package and smelling the tea bag, it was strong, sweet, bergamot. I could hardly wait for the tea to steep.

Slight disappointment on the smell of the brewed tea because I could hardly smell any bergamot, but only smell the black tea. But it redeemed itself on the taste, it certainly is strong citrous bergamot. Delish.

Although this tea has a strong bergamot flavour, I don’t seem to be liking the black tea base. It just doesn’t taste quite right to me, not smooth. It seems to me that the black tea base would be bitter, the bergamot is supposed to balance that out, but its not quite the right balance. There is a weird aftertaste that is lingering for a long time.

Overall the tea is still good, but I think I prefer other brands.

whatshesaid

i think i got this sample also, will have to try!

Tried this today (the bagged version)… thanks traveling tea box (v. 1.2)! I have to say, I was sorely disappointed. I think I should’ve gone at least 5 min. on the brewing time, because honestly there was very little flavour to this blend. I am thinking that the loose version of this blend has to be better (especially with so many positive reviews here), but really there’s not too much to say about this at all. Smells great, tastes like nothing. :(

After really liking the Cream Earl Grey that I got in a swap I found this lonely sachet in my stash. When i opened the bag I was pretty scared. It had a very strong bergamot smell that I associate with pepper. The smell however is much much stronger than the actual tea. I get a hint of bergamot and a nice balance with the black tea in the back. It is a nice cup a tea. Not my favorite, but very enjoyable.

My only experience with earl grey is very limited; I think just twinnings tea bags, but I can’t quite remember. But all I did remember was that I didn’t like it.
But I got a sample of this because I wanted to see what real Earl Grey was like.

To me, the dry leaf smelled a little scarily strong to me, like perfume (as others have said Earl Grey can smell). However, the brewed tea was a very nice blend of flavors and the bergamot was present in just the right amount. I very much enjoyed it. I would probably even buy a tin of this if I was into black teas. But again, my love for other teas (Japanese greens!) outweighs this, and also because of the extra caffeine in black teas. I’m glad there’s more left in the sample for one more round though!