Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Malt, Smooth, Citrus, Creamy, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

The aroma of the dry leaves is a perfect blend of light bergamot and delicious tippy black tea. It seems to be uncommon to be able to discern the tea base under the bergamot in earl greys, which instantly piqued my curiousity. On my first sip it becomes apparant that the brilliant black tea base is the real star of the show, while the bergamot is relegated to lowly chorus-line duties. I was worried milk would mute the flavours too much, but the tiniest splash really bought out that maltylicious taste.
Personally I find this disappointing as an earl grey (due to my extreme bergamot needs), but incredible as a black tea.

First things first… Hello Steepster. It has truely been a rough to weeks. I have a couple apologies to pass out. To both Tommy the Toad and to Brian. You have been amazingly patient and i kinda dropped the ball hard. Shortly after i set up our swaps, a hateful turn of events with a room mate ended in an immediate removal of my family and all of our property. it did take us sometime to get back on our feet and i promise that as soon as we get the reat of our tea collection here and sorted, both of your shipment will be on its ways with excellent extras. again guys i am truly sorry for my slip and i’ll make for it. Good night guys

Thomas Edward(Toad)

thats horrible i hate it for you, life can be so mean for no reason at all, i wish best luck to you and your family :) i pray for you all.

Steven Cook

thank you my friend. you two are awesome.

Brian

Just caught this note. Thanks for the update and of course I’m terribly sorry to hear of your situation. Here’s to the best and that everything works out for you and your family!

Steven Cook

It’s chilly in Houston- in the lower 30s, which is not common here! So, thinking “I’m in Texas.” I was underbundled this morning. By the time I got to school, I was pretty shivery. Although I generally like milk in my Earl Grey, I decided it would be worth it to try this one plain just to warm up, even though all I had was hot water cooler water.

Pretty good earl grey! I didn’t brew it under optimal conditions, to be sure, but I think I may still prefer Tea Gschwender’s Earl Grey 69. This one just didn’t taste quite as rich to me. It was delicious, but a bit muted. Perhaps I under-steeped it. Thanks to Kristin for the bag!

Kristin

I’ve found that the pre-bagged Harney’s teabags can only hold up to a tiny tea cup, no more than 8 oz. That might be it.

Lisbet

Ahh yeah it was still pretty good, but I thought it could have been better if I made it at home.

A fantastic earl grey! Wow this is good. So well done with the flavouring. There is the perfect amount of bergamot in this blend, and of course it’s not bitter at all. I just put milk and agave in this cup, but I wish I had something to make a frothy latte with. This is the best earl grey in my books, so far. This will be a re-buy!

ashmanra

My favorite Earl!

After watching the horrible video out of Japan I needed comfort this am. This seemed to fit the bill as it was quick and effortless. I brewed this sachet in a big Starbucks mug (these sachets are made for 12oz. water). Added 2tsp sugar, a touch of vanilla honey, and a healthy splash of 2% milk. Served with oatmeal raisin cookies. Feel marginally better, but really need to turn the news off and focus on work.

Free sample from Harney and Sons.

This is a bagged tea.

I LOVE bergamot. Pretty much all it takes to get me to like a tea, is to add bergamot. So naturally Earl Grey is my all time favorite tea. I was quite excited to receive this as a free sample. On opening the package and smelling the tea bag, it was strong, sweet, bergamot. I could hardly wait for the tea to steep.

Slight disappointment on the smell of the brewed tea because I could hardly smell any bergamot, but only smell the black tea. But it redeemed itself on the taste, it certainly is strong citrous bergamot. Delish.

Although this tea has a strong bergamot flavour, I don’t seem to be liking the black tea base. It just doesn’t taste quite right to me, not smooth. It seems to me that the black tea base would be bitter, the bergamot is supposed to balance that out, but its not quite the right balance. There is a weird aftertaste that is lingering for a long time.

Overall the tea is still good, but I think I prefer other brands.

whatshesaid

i think i got this sample also, will have to try!

Tried this today (the bagged version)… thanks traveling tea box (v. 1.2)! I have to say, I was sorely disappointed. I think I should’ve gone at least 5 min. on the brewing time, because honestly there was very little flavour to this blend. I am thinking that the loose version of this blend has to be better (especially with so many positive reviews here), but really there’s not too much to say about this at all. Smells great, tastes like nothing. :(

I have manged to come down with a bit of a cold, boo! I was going to drink my last cup of TWMB this morning, but I didn’t want to experience the last cup with tasters that could be slightly off. I ordered 2oz of this tea last year sometime. It is one of those teas that I sadly have neglected and almost wrote off as not worthy to keep around. How wrong I was. I was in a hurry on Tuesday and didn’t want to mess with loose leaf so I pulled out a sachet of this same tea. Brewed it up for a quick morning cup and had one of those zen tea moments. A malty smooth base with the perfect amount of bergamont. Yes please! The loose leaf I own has now eared a more royal status in my cupboard.

When kiddo 2 shows up my husband and I are planning to take time off and we are going to pack up family and the tent and road trip for 2 months this summer. I am keeping my tasters open for good tea to take along in sachets. I think I might have to add this to the list!

Charissa

Awesome! Where will you guys travel/camp? That sounds like an exciting adventure—especially with two little ones!

TeaTiff

Well the current plan is to head out to the north west and then travel down the coast and back through the southwest. But we are definitely keeping an open mind as we have no idea what personality the new little one will have. We might get as far as South Dakota and turn around and come home:)

TeaTiff

How man weeks left for you?

Charissa

That sounds like a great trip! We too will be traveling after baby #2 arrives—for my brother’s wedding in Florida in May. The new baby will be two months old, but that should be okay…better than a newborn or when he’s older and wanting to crawl! Anyway, I’m at 33 weeks now, so only about a little over a month to go. March 27th is my due date. So excited! :-)

My only experience with earl grey is very limited; I think just twinnings tea bags, but I can’t quite remember. But all I did remember was that I didn’t like it.
But I got a sample of this because I wanted to see what real Earl Grey was like.

To me, the dry leaf smelled a little scarily strong to me, like perfume (as others have said Earl Grey can smell). However, the brewed tea was a very nice blend of flavors and the bergamot was present in just the right amount. I very much enjoyed it. I would probably even buy a tin of this if I was into black teas. But again, my love for other teas (Japanese greens!) outweighs this, and also because of the extra caffeine in black teas. I’m glad there’s more left in the sample for one more round though!