Earl Grey Supreme

Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I guess my latest mini-obsession is Earl Grey :) Let's see, I had a very long Chinese obsession, followed by mini obsessions of Assam, then Chai, now Earl :) I threw a sample of this in my cart...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “You know you have become a true tea drinker when......... ...you are sitting on the porch in 80 degree weather drinking hot Earl Grey Supreme. And you are usually hot in this kind of weather. ...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “I'm finishing up the last of this delicious Earl Grey today - but I think I should have saved it to drink while watching Star Trek! Either way, this tea is great as a tea latte with the citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “A sample of this arrived with my recent Harney order. I thought I'd give it a go this morning. I'm not a huge Earl Grey fan...I like it, but it's a case of I like what I like and don't often branch...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

What can I say about this Earl Grey that has not already been said? Earl Grey is one of my favorite types of tea, but this one bills itself as a “SUPREME” interpretation of the classic Earl Grey. All I can say is, it completely lives up to the hype. This is an absolutely phenomenal Earl Grey, and one of my current favorite teas of all time (as of this review). If you like Earl Grey, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It will not disappoint.

I was earl grey-less and then this showed up. Nice! It has that bergamot zest going on, and it also has a sweet blend of black tea that is robust and delicious. I love it.

I usually drink my Earl Grey with a splash of milk and vanilla syrup or brown sugar cubes to make myself a london fog latte. The strong aroma of EG stands out even after the addition of milk. So I’m not literally an Earl Grey enthusiast, though I always have several different EGs on my cupboard. It was my first time trying H&S EG Supreme, thanks to Janefan, and I have to say this is pretty good! The bergamot scent isn’t as strong once you steep it, but there is enough. Overall, a light EG that I don’t mind drinking straight.

My new favorite Earl Grey. I was always mad at the overpowering bergamot that made teas in some spiced chi crap. This stuff is the real deal, well balanced, high quality, and at a good price.

Now I really am convinced that this is better than the Imperial. Despite its lighter scent and lighter weight in the sachet format, and despite the identical color of the liquor, I found that the Supreme brew tastes quite a bit smoother.

The Imperial is good, but the Supreme is better. I don’t even think that that difference has to do with the stronger bergamot in the Imperial, since in the brewed tea it did not really taste stronger. The tea tasted different, though. The silver tips added to this blend must, therefore, be contributing to the final taste of the brew. The tea is truly the perfect base for Earl Grey. Is there a better Earl Grey out there (beyond the land of Harney & Sons)? Do tell!

When I go to replenish my Harney & Sons Earl Grey supply, I’ll definite be ordering more of the Supreme. An excellent Earl Grey.

This was much better than I was expecting it to be. A lot of times I find black tea to be too astringent. This Earl Grey was lovely! It still had that strength to it, and the citrus was just right. Maybe all those “tippy” tea leaves made all the difference! Anyway, I really enjoyed this and am glad I got a bag or two from my sis.

This is hands-down the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had. In fact, I never realized how complex and flavorful Earl Grey could be until this tea.

The bergamot is very prominent and very citrus-y (and very lovely, I might add), and the tea has an almost creamy quality to it. Be forewarned, however, that this tea can become bitter very easily. I recommend brewing it for only 3-4 minutes.

Overall, extremely good and potent Earl Grey. I won’t be going back to normal Earl Grey teas after this one.

Hello, hello. I’m at an oil called Bergamot. It’s everything I wish I didn’t know. But you give me some tea I can drink.

I absolutely adore this Earl Grey. I first had it at a local movie theater called iPic and fell in love. It is so beautifully blended and well balanced. I recently found a canister of it at a local health food store and immediately fell to my knees and began thanking the Gods for leading me on a path that united me with this tea. I imagine that this is the brand Captain Picard orders so frequently.

Boiling 8 min or more

This was a sample from my recent order. It smells better than any of the teas I bought from Harney & Sons — a rich tea and bergamot aroma. I am feeling a little tired this morning and hopefully this tea will do the trick of making me alert and ready for this beautiful Friday. I’m so looking forward to the 3 day weekend! Just have to get through today.

There are no steeping instructions so I’m playing this by ear. It turned dark REALLY fast, so I’m not steeping it for very long. I can’t detect any bergamot in the tea itself — just a strong black tea smell. I’m looking forward to trying this! Oh darn, the bell rang… luckily it’ll stay hot in my thermos and I can try it when I have a spare moment. Hello first graders!

Whew, finally got a moment to breathe, drink my tea, and log it. This is pretty standard Earl Grey — nothing to write home about. I do not think I would buy it because there are so many other Earl Grey choices out there. For example, Revolution Tea’s Earl Grey with Lavender! Yum…