Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Creamy, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

About Harney & Sons View company

Blended 2tsp EG Supreme with 2tsp Lupicia’s Strawberry and Vanilla (a green tea) at 180* for 2 min. Works for me.

I may love this one just as much (if not a little more) than Golden Monkey. The smell alone is enough to make me insanely happy. Hot, cold, sweet, unsweet… I love this tea.

First off I have to say this is my first review ever of tea as it was my first hot tea I had ever had.

I had made a little “Obstinate Headstrong Girl” gift basket at Christmas last year, and ordered some teas from Harney & Sons to put in it. Lucky me I gotta try this as a sample! From the rich smell to the wonderful taste, I was converted from coffee to tea, just like that. Since I didn’t know a lot about tea and due to easy accessibility locally, I tried some pretty horrid Greys. None of them could match up this one. Took a few months before I finally ordered some and I could barely stand the wait it took for it to arrive, just eager to savor that taste. I won’t go without it again. It has been my ice tea all summer mixed with honey. I won’t pretend to know tea very well yet to give this one the review that it so richly deserves, I can only say that everything about this tea was just perfect for me. I am trying to be brave. To just jump out there and have a go with some different teas, and you all have really helped tremendously with the reviews I have read. So thank you very much :)

You could reeeally smell the Bergamont in this one. I’ve only had Earl Grey once before and daang this was good :)

Doing a comparison between this and Joy’s Teaspoon Earl Grey. Dry, I think I like the smell of Joy’s better; it’s gentler and sweeter. The H&S dry hits you over the head with bergamot.

Brewed, they look identical, a lovely ruby hue. The Joy’s continues to smell mellower, though the aroma of the H&S has backed off a bit now. The flavors match the smell impressions; Joy’s is gentler, softer, but still full of flavor (as it sits it takes on a tasty, invigorating lemon-y tang). The H&S isn’t bad at all, but in the context of such immediate comparison it comes off as far more bitter, though still full of nuance. The Joy’s is easy and enjoyable to take straight whereas the H&S can handle a healthy splash of milk. This leaves me conflicted because I tend to add milk to my afternoon Earl Grey just out of habit, so while I like the Joy’s more here the H&S might be more appropriate for how I tend to use EGs. Hm…

I had a bag of this at a local shop. It was yummy. I need to look into more of their teas.

It’s a morning where there is a lot weighing on me. With a burning, burning, yearning feeling inside me, I decide to brew up some supreme. Too many companies get earl grey wrong. Countless earl greys use a cheap and poor-quality black tea base that leaves either an overly bland or excessively harsh brew. There are also earl greys aplenty where the bergamot is too dominant and the result is a perfume-like taste that destroys the blend.

Fortunately, Harney and Sons got this one right. The black tea base is pleasing and of good quality. The bergamot is subtle and in balance. There is a gentle, slightly-creamy taste to this earl grey. Harney and Sons added ceylon vintage silver tips to the mix. Not quite sure if the addition adds much. If anything, it may work to ever-so-slightly soften the tea.

While not totally blown away, in total, this is a well-formulated blend. This is the earl grey that you can drink daily and warmly enjoy. Oh earl grey supreme, you came into my heart, so tenderly.

Very smooth and balanced for an Earl grey. Initial taste is the mild black tea base with a slight orange citrus bite, but finishes creamy (almost milky). As has been stated before, you won’t be hit over the head with flavor. However, there is enough going on (and in such great proportion) that you’ll stay interested. Defiantly a relaxing cup.

I’m not sure I’d call this “supreme”. Perhaps if I wasn’t drinking the bagged version, it would be different. This is another bag that my coworkers hoarded for me at our conference this summer…which also begs the question, how old is this bag anyway?

It’s a little heavy on the Bergamot for my tastes, but other than that it’s a pretty good cup.

My absolute favorite earl grey.The bergamot is far from over powering and all in all it is a well put together tea that is quite smooth and perfect for a chilly afternoon. Harney and sons is always quality and this tea does nothing to make one think differently,they win again.